Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to attach a couple of dry/duffle bags to the rear seat area of my 2009 Versys and have seen some pictures on here of peoples bike configured like this.

Do I need to install a platform or mounting hardware of some type to support them? They seem like something that would need to be pretty secure since they could slide around.

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
19,140 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
as above... attach with straps right over the seat. I have one that looks something like this one...

https://www.rei.com/product/814230/sea-to-summit-dry-mesh-duffle-large

holds the house (tent, bag, mat, ground cloth) plus pair of shoes, hatchet, couple bottles, and more. being able to open the thing the long way makes it easy to stuff & access. I have other bags... this one is the easiest to use

·
Registered
1,358 Posts

Sorry, no good close-ups, but you can see a strap in this pic coming straight down the front to the trellis frame. I have four straps that clip to mount points on the dry bag. the other ends are just loops. So it's just a simple matter of pulling the clip end thru the loop around any mounting point. Easy wear on the finish, secure and simple. I se the trellis at the front and the Givi side rack cross bar at the rear.

The bag just sits on the seat. My Adcox seat is pretty slippery and that still works just fine. I would never use bungee cords. I never have, but I've seen other riders struggle with gear slipping and shifting all around under bunjees.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks to everyone for the good feedback and photos.

I will be getting some straps and trying out my dry bags with some test loads so see how they handle.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Rok straps are great, and I would also recommend a motorcycle-specific drybag. Not the ones for kayaks etc. they sell at sporting goods stores. The motorcycle ones will have D-rings and straps you can use to mount it more securely.

I just ordered and received this Oxford 30L bag in white, to match my white Versys. But I have't tried it out yet and probably won't for some time.
Oxford T30 Roll Bag - RevZilla

1 - 7 of 7 Posts