Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My beloved V (Vikki) got hit by an suv yesterday. Parked in an space with no other vehicles around. It was backed into and then driven up onto because the driver of the suv apparently didn't notice the crash when she hit it. Anyone know how hard it is to total a V? Her insurance will cover it if its totalled but i don't want a new one.

·
Premium Member
16,100 Posts
If the frames bent. Kiss it goodbye.

·
Registered
688 Posts
My very good insurance guy said that there are two kinds of motorcycle claims that represent 96% of all motorcycle claims.

Stolen Vehicle and Total Loss.

So I'd guess this is a total loss.

·
Administrator
9,032 Posts
Lucky you weren't on it. As to replacement, I can understand wanting to repair what you have, at the same time if that is what you accept, be sure you have some recourse to do further repairs, like stator failure.
Most companies want you to sign off , been a long time since I had a claim so this may not apply, but several factors come into play, who does the repairs and how long do you need to wait to get it back, is it repaired to your satisfaction or the adjusters. It might be possible to find a new bike same year as yours, and have it fitted with your farkles. JMO:goodluck:

·
Registered
351 Posts
Was she drunk? I had a drunk take out one of my bikes in SF long ago. They hit it while it was parked and dragged it under there car for 3 blocks.

As for finding a bike you should be able to find the same year as yours. Sacrameto Craigslist shows 2 2008's for sale and sac is only 150 miles from sparks,nv.

·
Registered
156 Posts
IF the damage is bad enough it may never be the same again. I would hope for a new one personally, then maybe buy the old one back from the insurance company for a spare bike!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just got it back from kawi from their crash repair estimate. Somehow the frame wasn't bent but i do need new bars, forks, all the plastics and blinkers on right side and new foot peg and clutch cover and seat.. It's not totalled thank god. The shop will have her for some time and i hope she will be the same bike when i get it back in a few weeks

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the well wishes and helpful replies. A lot of the parts are just scratched up and not broken so I should have a bunch of spare parts when i get it repaired.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts