Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Few days ago I was reading about "blind drivers", well I found one. Bike is totaled, didn t have a chance. I m lucky to be alive :grinangel:
Bike was only 25 days old :mad:
I was just seting it up, Stebel horne came per post 2 days after I crashed.

Thats it for this season, next year maybe new bike, I m still not sure if I will ride again.:huh:

Attachments

·
Registered
263 Posts
Hopefully you´re fine my friend, you can buy another one when you´re ready. This is why I allways use a helmet and a good jacket... all the time.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Samo neka si ti zdravo.

A real shame.
Were you hit from front and back??
Where is the wheel?
Looks very nasty.
I had a similar situation 6 months ago and other (blind) party was at fault so insurance paid for all the parts. I was devastated at first but after 2 months of waiting and fixing it turned up ok.

Best of luck!

·
Registered
489 Posts
You are very lucky .. it’s time to forget bikes for ever.

:huh: If thats the case I guess we should all quit riding. I'm glad you lived to tell about it, you definitely have a guardian angel :grinangel: looking out for you! Ride again when you are ready. :goodluck:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Samo neka si ti zdravo.

A real shame.
Were you hit from front and back??
Where is the wheel?
Looks very nasty.
It was nasty, 9 days in hospital, next 60 days plastered from head to belly, 1 foot plastered, black knees, albow.....

And yes guy was drunk, 1.3 by Draeger.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Glad you are still here to ride another day.

I rarely ride at night, just because of the drivers not seeing you. I have had many close calls, and it is always someone on the dang phone. I cant imagine what could be so important they cant wait until they are safely parked somewhere.

The Sad part is if you were the size of a School bus and bright yellow you probably would not be much safer. Look at how many school buss's get hit.

Todd

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
You are very lucky ..
I agree!

it’s time to forget bikes for ever.
To each his own. Motorcycling is as much a part of my life as anything.. I cant imagine not getting back in the saddle unless I physically could not.

Thats it for this season, next year maybe new bike,
I hope you are well enough to climb back on both physically and mentally. I wish you the best in your recovery!!

·
Registered
434 Posts
sobering pictures....no pun intended.

Glad you are alive and wish you the best during your recovery.

·
Premium Member
16,220 Posts
Wow thats one nasty crash. i couldn't tell either if you got hit head on or from the rear maybe sandwiched between two cars or hit multiple times. All the best to you.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Wow, amazing. Glad you're coming through, but the hospital and plaster time had to suck big time! Make your own decision, but I'd hate for you to close the door on potentially wonderful experiences based on this one happenstance. All the best...

·
Registered
933 Posts
It was nasty, 9 days in hospital, next 60 days plastered from head to belly, 1 foot plastered, black knees, albow.....
:eek: I'm glad you survived and I hope you have a swift and complete recovery. Those pics look nasty.

And yes guy was drunk, 1.3 by Draeger.
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

That just makes my blood boil a bit.

As for whether you should leave the motorcycling world or not...

Only you know how comfortable you are riding on the street after this. If you're not comfortable or not mentally prepared for the ride, don't. It's not worth it.

Take care,
Dave C

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Wow...glad you're around to tell the tale. I sincerely hope you mend rapidly and completely, and get back on the horse when you decide you're ready.

·
Registered
875 Posts
I hope you are well enough to climb back on both physically and mentally. I wish you the best in your recovery!!
+1...almost speechless...reported a drunk driver to police last holiday weekend...unsure if I had done the right thing...don't like to be a rat, (sure now) but this person was obviously over the line...Sorry it wasn't the drunk that hit you that I reported.

Get Well.:mad:

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
That is definetly A nasty accident, Good that you survived but sorry for your pain. As with everyone else I hope you recover well and quick.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Drunk drivers should not be sent to jail right away. They should be forced to work and pay for the injuries, suffering, and damage they cause. If that means working the rest of their lives to come up with the money so be it.

After the victim is satisfied, society can do with them whatever they believe may prevent another incident.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts