Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Video of me on my Versys taken by my son on his Triumph Tiger last weekend on California Highway 3 south of Callahan. Yes, it's 15 minutes long. The first half is the best riding footage; after we go over the summit, the road opens up and it's mostly scenic footage.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Nice video, I really like it.

One question, was this real early in the day or real late in the day?

Reason I ask is there is no traffic on the highway.

Nice place to ride for sure!!

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Being from Florida I must ask what all those "bendy" bits are in your road??? And I could have sworn you were like going up and down hills... What's up with that?!?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice video, I really like it.

One question, was this real early in the day or real late in the day?

Reason I ask is there is no traffic on the highway.

Nice place to ride for sure!!
It was around 9:30am on a Saturday. This area has virtually no traffic at any time. It's way out in the back of nowhere.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Very nice. Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice video !

Was wondering how everything is hooked up because their is no vibe at all in the video ?

LOP
We used a strap that is meant to mount the camera on your chest. We strapped it around the fairing/dashboard above the headlight. This Tiger is my old bike. It was in a wreck and I resurrected it as a naked bike.

This was our first attempt at videoing, so there was a lot of experimentation.

Attachments

·
Registered
143 Posts
Tis great area, still only showing mild signs of California corruption. Most Californians now regard trees and mountains as something you fly over and see on National Geographic. My grandparents retired in Trinity Center. Had one of the first grand cabin/houses in there. We vacationed there many a time, as my dad was a forest ranger in Douglas County, OR. Cut my teeth on motorized two wheels riding Montgomery Ward/Briggs & Stratton minibikes around Trinity Lake. Later in life I rode my VFR through the area. Got myself going over Scott Mtn. after sunset. You might think I'm BSing, but like every third corner on that mountain I'd brake for deer. It took forever to get over that thing. I was one wired rider. The next morning riding the surrounding roads made up for it.

I visited my brother for a Daytona 200 bike week. He lived in Lake Mary, FL. My brain went numb the roads were so flat, straight and boring. Nebraska with different vegetation. However, get a motocross or enduro bike and FL is a different story.

Now my best recommendation is just try to avoid Northern California and the northwest. There's nothing left to see, move along, let us natives try to make the best of its remains.;)

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Well done! :thumb:

Somebody talked about deer. Had one give me a run in Y Park! Lucky I did see her and checked to make sure no more coming! ;)

I was alert and ready! Thank God! :D

Things can change soooo fast! :eek:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts