Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ran accross this article tonight....

[URL="http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/howto/doing_time/122_1101_kawasaki_versys_motorcycle/index.html"/URL]

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
We all know it's a great bike, eh?
I wouldn't mind trying one of those sprockets for all-road run. I'll bet it would cruise 85-95 easier. At 90 I think it's turnining about seven grand with the stock gearing. 6500 is a better cruising rpm. I find myself settling there on long road runs which is about 85. If you're going to be at or under limits then I still think the stock ratio is better.

·
Registered
320 Posts
We all know it's a great bike, eh?
I wouldn't mind trying one of those sprockets for all-road run. I'll bet it would cruise 85-95 easier. At 90 I think it's turnining about seven grand with the stock gearing. 6500 is a better cruising rpm. I find myself settling there on long road runs which is about 85. If you're going to be at or under limits then I still think the stock ratio is better.
+1. Mine went alright on the slab. The only issue I can see with the 43 is when you finally make to the twisties, the V is only a 650 so there is not a lot of power there, but I guess that is what a gear shifter is for. I do know it would be a lot nicer not to turning so high of RPM on the flat and level.

·
Registered
409 Posts
After riding every type of bike out there what does he buy as his own personal bike? hmmm..
Not only did he buy a Versys, but he hangs out at this forum!

Oh wait. Why am I talking about myself in the third person like an idiot?

Hi guys.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Hah, had no idea you were on here. I'm just a Versys wannabe owner just now and I value opinions like yours.

·
Premium Member
16,150 Posts

Hi guys.
Can't wait to read your book ordered it in october when i was in texas it came in a few days after i left for puerto rico. So hopefully jan.or feb.i'll get my hands on it.

Joseph.

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts

Hi guys.
Hi Lance, looks like you been around and know your stuff. the versys certainly is a fun horse to own :thumb:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts