Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I bought this Light bar really cheap...
50W 3800 Lumens
10x 5W USA CREE LED Spread Beam 5 year Warranty Local AUS :)
285mm wide, 70 H x 80 D

Bloody bright!

Hell yeah it will fit on the Versys - I will make it fit!

I have been keeping tabs on Freerydejunky thread on his LED lights - but on a Mk2 Versys you cannot mount this Light Bar under the headlights to the suspension forks - well not anything that is taller than 5cm otherwise your front fender will slap it on max travel.

Sorry about the crappy iPhone Pics...

4 days later and some crafty DIY... I call it the Gigitt Mount!

It is pretty strong.
Bracket clears all headlight parts.
Can still mount the MRA Tall Windscreen in the High position.
LED Light bar sits forward of the windscreen by ~10mm
Sits above the City/Park Light.

Still need to wire it up... a relay off the High beam power with switch to change from High Beam Globe to LED as high - that way I don't need to run another Power wire for the moment.
And some finishing touches like round off a few more corners and then spray paint it Black - Because the Bike is Black on Black on Black and as you all know Black bikes are fastest! :)

·
Super Moderator
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice looking light:)
thanks

Can you let us know where you found this light bar? I would like to look at picking one up myself.

Phil
pm sent

can I ask you why you would want to fit that thing to a Versys?
because for aud55.00 including ht bolts... why not.
more light on back roads is a good thing

it's my bike and it only has to make me happy:stickpoke:
exactly - my cheapp arse farkle

the led bar light is as wide as the front faring. and inside the blinker stalks.

im spraying the brackets atm ...will get better pics when it is finished.

the led bar light is as wide as the front faring. and inside the blinker stalks.
coolant side faring is off but lhs is still on.
it really is not over wide and cannot be seen with windscreen on

·
Registered
399 Posts
I'll admit, it is a bit "fugly" but if you ride a ton of back roads as I do... I'd rather be able to see another 100 yards with the possibility of seeing a deer or big mountain cat.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Goodness gracious. Thats lots of light firepower. Thats sure gonna blind so many people on the road. Yeeeaaaaaahhh.... better to be seen than not be seen since you are on a fast black bike. :)

Just to share, over here in Malaysia a lot of Versys suffered from burnt magnetic coil because the electrical system was overburdened by lights, 12v socket, horns and so on. Just share my 2 cents worth.

Cheers.

PS : I heard kangaroos run towards the lights rather than away from it...hmmmmmm......

·
Super Moderator
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Finished painting the brackets.
Fitted the Main bracket to the Headlight faring.
LED Bar light mounting bracket can then be attached whenever I need to use them.

Next up I have to make a harness with a switch and relay so I can flick between Halogen High Beam or LED Light Bar when using the normal High Beam switch.

Pics: of the Permanent Main bracket - might paint the bolts to make them less obvious.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Fantastic idea! I can't wait to see how well it does. If you have any pictures of the wiring harness I would love to see them.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
I've had dealings with that mob before and all I'll say is buyer beware. The quality of the LED's I bought was not good and they failed quickly

·
Super Moderator
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yes it is

I've had dealings with that mob before and all I'll say is buyer beware. The quality of the LED's I bought was not good and they failed quickly
US CREE LED's from China ... I have gambled $30 in a project.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts