Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These are some my favorite shots of my V650 from a trip through NH and VT back in September. It was a perfect weekend with temperatures in the 70's and peak fall foliage. Total trip was 1300 miles in four days. Absolute riding perfection. The V650 is the perfect machine for this type of riding.

I have a few mods that really perfect the V650 LT for me:
Givi D4114ST windscreen​
LeoVince SBK exhaust​
Motowerk highway pegs​
Shoodaben ECU tune​

Smuggler's Notch:

Traversing a Class 4 unmaintained road in VT:

·
Registered
313 Posts
Looks incredible. So you think the Leo Vince improves the sound? I've never thought the parallel twin 180 crank sound was appetizing, ever.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think so. It mostly keeps the OEM look since it's still an underbody exhaust. I keep the silencer in on mine and usually ride with earplugs. So for me it adds just enough exhaust sound without being too loud. I certainly prefer the sound of a 90 degree V-twin or 270 degree P-twin over the Kawi 180 twin, but it has its own charm. Nothing else on the road really sounds like it. I've owned an inline-4 bike with an exhaust, and I'll take the versys exhaust note over it every time.

·
Super Moderator
20,942 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Yeah, I just can't do a louder exhaust than stock, no matter how many sound clips I listen to. To each his own though!

·
Registered
5,359 Posts
Yeah, I just can't do a louder exhaust than stock, no matter how many sound clips I listen to. To each his own though!
In 2020 was the first time I changed the exhaust on a motorcycle. I have bought used bikes with aftermarket exhausts and don't mind them, just never wanted to spend the money.

The mufflers on the Moto Guzzi were just huge and heavy so I went with some Mistral Short exhausts that are only a little louder but much smaller and lighter.

·
Registered
313 Posts
In 2020 was the first time I changed the exhaust on a motorcycle. I have bought used bikes with aftermarket exhausts and don't mind them, just never wanted to spend the money.

The mufflers on the Moto Guzzi were just huge and heavy so I went with some Mistral Short exhausts that are only a little louder but much smaller and lighter.
I meant specific to the Versys 650 - I've done plenty of aftermarket exhausts on all my other bikes.

·
Registered
20 Posts
One of the nicest sounding bikes I had was a 1985 V65 Sabre. 90 degree V4, smoth as all get out and just a nice rumble at idle, while providing a solid growl through to red line with out the screech or wail of a scalded cat. Of course the lawn mower sound of my KLR 650 is nothing to sneeze at either... :eek:

·
Registered
455 Posts
I’ve been through Smugglers Notch, was on my Ninja 650 at the time. Tight road in places. Great photo.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts