Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a rear stand but it picks the bike up by the swing arm and i needed to remove the rear shock to get the link out. This meant i had to lift the bike somehow to take weight off of the rear shock. Wish I had a garage to support the bike with ratchet straps to the rafters.
Real easy, to take link out, the bolt may be too long, hopefully you have the original bolt. Go to MotoWerk site, scissor jack between the tire and underside of top of bike.https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1147/0214/files/Kawasaki_Versys_650LT_Lowering_Kit_Install_Instructions.pdf?3493357159767210442

And no need for anything else like a pit stand, unless you are hoping to drop it like JDRocks.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Photo of Scissor Jack**That is it!

So I can use a car jack and swap the lowering link on my Versys being supported by the kick stand? I don't know if it's me or if it's the wording but I am confused����
As in the picture, scissor jack and bike on side stand only!! Keep in mind the swing arm is attached to the bike, the shock transfers weight to the tire through the swing arm. So if you are planning on removing your swing arm and parting out your bike, then you will need to support your bike from overhead or through the center opening by the TPS.
If you have difficulty with balance and are constantly falling down, then I would recommend you have a second person do the work as you might pull the bike over onto you.
Otherwise the time I have taken to explain it, could have had it done and been 100KM from home:yeahsmile:, just make sure you torque everything after and adjust your chain. I like to throw in a bit of humor from time to time, a good laugh is what keeps me young, KWIK MART KHRONICLES does it for me!! So I like to throw a bit back from time to time!!>:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts