Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We ride quite a lot, mostly 2-up, and most of that riding is on steep, twisty roads - on everything from a Gold Wing, to Versys 650.

Which brings me to these observations - this is the second time that I've ridden this 650 Versys on the Tail of The Dragon, Snake, Back of the Dragon, Devil's Triangle, etc. etc. This is usually approx 1,700 mile round-trip.

:surprise:

Mere words cannot describe the difference between running the Back of the Dragon .... 2-up on a GL1800 Gold Wing.... and riding solo on a 650 Versys. I've also made this run (solo) on a Yamaha Super Tenere 1200, Honda VTX1800, Yamaha FJR1300, an a few other bikes.

(so far) the 650 Versys wins in the "fun factor" category.

:yeahsmile::yeahsmile::yeahsmile:

·
Registered
756 Posts
We ride quite a lot, mostly 2-up, and most of that riding is on steep, twisty roads - on everything from a Gold Wing, to Versys 650.

Which brings me to these observations - this is the second time that I've ridden this 650 Versys on the Tail of The Dragon, Snake, Back of the Dragon, Devil's Triangle, etc. etc. This is usually approx 1,700 mile round-trip.

:surprise:

Mere words cannot describe the difference between running the Back of the Dragon .... 2-up on a GL1800 Gold Wing.... and riding solo on a 650 Versys. I've also made this run (solo) on a Yamaha Super Tenere 1200, Honda VTX1800, Yamaha FJR1300, an a few other bikes.

(so far) the 650 Versys wins in the "fun factor" category.

:yeahsmile::yeahsmile::yeahsmile:

Duh, well OBVIOUSLY it wins, Check out the color!:wink2:

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I also have one of these.

It's a nice bike, to be sure.

But, I still prefer the 650.

Weird, I know.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts