Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a 2021 Versys 650 LT and I'm trying to decide on what crash bars (engine guards) to buy. Opinions/reviews with multiple pictures would help me decide.

Don't hold back! Tell me the Good, the Bad and the Ugly!

And don't forget the pictures....

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just picked up a 2021 Versys 650 LT and I'm trying to decide on what crash bars (engine guards) to buy. Opinions/reviews with multiple pictures would help me decide.

These are Puig crash bars I got from Revzilla.

They're going for $235 USD which I think is pretty standard pricing.

Like most crash bars for the Versys, I don't think they'll protect some of the fairings, and certainly won't protect the stock turn signals.

But they do stick out far enough to protect the engine and are pretty light weight.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I have this:

For North America only 1 dealer in Canada, and who know how much cost.

Didn't test them, but I think that everything will be untouched except steel on crash bar.

Connected on 3 points to motorbike on each side, and they are connected together in front of radiator (4-th point).
I know to relax my foot on them on highway (place where middle part are connected with lower part)
Extra vibration after instaling that crash bar ,or it was in my mind only because I only have that motorbike 2 months when I buy crash bar, and I was still learning to ride (my first motorbike ever).

All in all i am happy with them, and It look nice on motorbike.

·
Registered
Versys 650 - 2020, Z650
4 Posts
I have the SWMotech. I can say they protect the bike if you drop the bike on pavement. yes.... I dropped mine in garage stupidly. no damage done!!
I didnt excepted good protection from this model, they are looking very good and small, so im not sure can they protect front side of plastic too(where turn signal is)? Givi/kappa model seems better because its lot wider. However, better anything of these than nothing.

·
Super Moderator
21,987 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
I use the Givi: GIVI TN4114 Crash Bars Engine Guards For Kawasaki Versys 650 / LT '15-'19 - Twisted Throttle

Pretty cheap, but the primary reason I chose them was they didn't require re-locating the factory fog lights.
I'm not sure that they would protect in a really serious crash, but so far they've handled several drops just fine. That's all I ask for.

As others have pointed, there probably is no crash bar that will stop the stupid turn signals from cracking the fairings. Make sure you remove the bolt that holds them in.

·
Registered
43 Posts

Here’s my install...... haven’t tried them out yet...

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have the T Rex model. I did not think they would protect the turn signals but they do. Slow speed “motojitsu” practice drills I tested them out. I did get the guards for the side bags also
I have the T-Rex engine and luggage guards also and am very pleased with them. I've never dropped the bike so I can't comment on that.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have the T Rex model. I did not think they would protect the turn signals but they do. Slow speed “motojitsu” practice drills I tested them out. I did get the guards for the side bags also View attachment 181838 View attachment 181839
I just put the T-Rex on my 2017 yesterday. I like them for the full coverage and the included slider if I slide on the street. It was that combo that sold me in their brand. Plus I love the little 650 log on the slider itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.