Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I passed my test middle of last year and became a proud owner of a 2016 Versys 650 shortly after. With luggage and 12v fitted I'm nearly ready for my tour of Spain, Portugal and France in May. Would be very happy to hear from anyone that has done this area. Looking at fitting crash bars and driving light's before I go, so any guidance there also welcome.

·
Premium Member
7,877 Posts
:welcome:aboard and enjoy your ride. Be safe.

A lot of riders who have done long tours and a lot of info here.

PLEASE POST YOUR SECOND POST HERE IN THIS POST YOU STARTED. THANKS.

·
Premium Member
9,209 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Touring kit

Going on a on one Month road tour on my Versys 650. Just wondered if anyone has any views on a minimal toolset that I should take.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Beside the toolkit that comes with bike. I take co2 cartridges 4-6 & a rechargeable air pump,all the ratchets sockets,Allen whences ,screw driver/standard & Phillips,small adjustable wrench,zip ties,electrical tape,extra fuses,chain lube & rechargeable bike battery jump.windscreen/ visor cleaner. For a month trip I wouldn’t wouldn’t skimp out to little on tools. Even though you might no need them. My extra tool kit weighs 3 Lbs. Not counting the weight of air pump & battery jump start. It’s your decision what you Take!! HAVE a Great Trip. BE Safe....

·
Premium Member
7,877 Posts
some form of tire repair kit, and some cable ties. Be safe ad have a great ride.

I have done some tours on extended period of time and never once used the repair kits except cable tie when a Aux light came lose.

·
Super Moderator
19,587 Posts
:welcome: aboard!

some form of tire repair kit, and some cable ties....
I also carry a modified crutch-stand, a piece of two-sided Velcro tape to hold the front brakes ON so it won't move, and WD40 for lubing my chain, and OF COURSE you need swingarm "spools".

versys crutch1 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

versys crutch2 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

versys crutch3 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

versys crutch4 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

P6134902 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

And I buy my WD40 in gallon cans - MORE WD40, LESS carrier!

DSC01371 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

:thumb: - :thumb:

·
Registered
319 Posts
Welcome,

For crash bar I will recomended this one:

https://www.rdmoto.eu/en/product/17036/35383

I have this crash bar on my 2018 model. Never test them (hope that I never need to test them)

But it has good protection for motorbike parts which many crash bar don't cover. You can see on pictures.

Steel tube is 22mm diameter so you know if you wish to add extra light on them.

Or you can use this for lights :
I don't have this product but I have in plan to buy them. (so I can't give you review about this product)

Givi LS4114

https://www.carpimoto.it/en-HR/Bike_Kawasaki_Versys-650-17-19/47815_LS4114-Specific-fitting-kit-for-Givi-S310-or-S322-spotlights-where-specific-engine-guard-is-not-mounted-for-Kawasaki-Versys-650-15-.htm

·
Registered
56 Posts
Welcome from another newbie. Be sure to post pictures of your trip.

I’m still waiting on my 48 hour wait, before I can post elsewhere. I need to ask a few more questions and I’m afraid they’ll get lost in my introduction post.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts