Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I have my babe Versys 650 2021 Pearl White - I lost my two cowlings due to small incident with cosmetic damage, while avoiding collision. It is emotionally tough.

Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Motorcycle

Original part models broken:
  1. 55059-5424-660 - COWLING,SIDE,LH,M.S.BLACK - Metallic Black
  2. 55059-5425-660 - COWLING,TANK SIDE,LH,M.S.BLACK - Metallic Black
After market parts broken:
  1. SRC Moto Crash bars - strong bent, which was the main cause of the broken cowlings. I found them not reliable for cowling protection in this case.

I see that from 2015 - 2021 Versys 650 are very similar, or even identical.

• Found on ebay someone selling used parts 55028-0563
  • Like new from older Versys
  • Color is identical with stickers removed
  • Automotive design Sleeve Font Automotive decal Cap
Questions:
  1. Would it fit my bike even tho part number is different?
  2. Are cowlings different in shape ranging 2015 to 2021? (Thickness, form)
What you would recommend in this case?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
As you say it could bolt up the same, maybe they changed a shape slightly to give it that "new updated look" or to allow for a new windshield mounting, different turn signals. Would have to have both parts for a close inspection and trial and error fitment, worth the headache, only in desperation for me like trying to restore an old classic where the options are limited. 20 years ago I restored some early Chevrolets and would junk yard hunt for Pontiac, Buick, Olds sister cars in search of parts
I found other solution, reading reviews.

I bought Aftermarket Hard ABS Plastic Fairings for both sides. They are cheaper and more durable,can bent instead of breaking.
Then I gonna wrap them with 3M, as they don't have any paint.

And you are right, OEM parts might have some small difference in shape, but they would fit.

Font Symmetry Electric blue Fashion accessory Undergarment

Outerwear Neck Sleeve Sports gear Collar

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
BTW welcome to the forum, sorry that your accident was your introduction. Is a insurance claim a possibility?
It was my fault, as I was tired, didn't drink coffee. Accident happened 5km/h.
No mater what is in the front, or how slow I go, I have to stay focused, keeping a distance for any unusual traffic.
There will be no next time like this, as now I ride as if every car is a potential adversary in every blind spot I have.
It was a very minor incident, and I am disappointed with my SRC Moto crashbars.
I will go for T-Rex or Sw-Motech.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
From your first picture - it looks to ME as if your 'engine-guards' bent, breaking your fairing.

IF that is so - I would get something stronger...!

FWIW - I have SW-MOTECH guards on both my Gen 1 and Gen 3 V650s. BOTH have been 'down' but NEVER bent the guards.
What about the Indicators? Do you remove the metal plate for them or the guards covers them also?
I need to choose between SW-Motech and T-Rex

1 - 5 of 5 Posts