Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
On my 1000 i was getting a lot of wheel slip the same day, i would need to pratice more then make a better video soon :)
You're giving up a good chunk on launches, but it is still entertaining and probably representative of normal throttle application.

There is the devil in the details of controlling wheelies and getting a good hookup.
Hot tires and pavement will go a long way to improving things and practice, practice, practice.
Save it for summer time and preferably at a dragstrip or other suitable track wearing all the gear.

I for one don't want to hear of you getting hurt making videos.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Some how I feel like nothing good is going to come out of this experiment :rolleyes: just saying
He's only going 60mph. I bring mine to 84mph-ish in 3rd gear then pop to 4th and take it 100mph+, and i still have two more gears to play with. I'm rolling with the 650 as well, so he can definitely do it. To this day im fine and knock on wood never put mine down or been in an incident. its all about knowing when to do this kind of stuff and when its unsafe.

·
Registered
2019 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT
471 Posts
He's only going 60mph. I bring mine to 84mph-ish in 3rd gear then pop to 4th and take it 100mph+, and i still have two more gears to play with. I'm rolling with the 650 as well, so he can definitely do it. To this day im fine and knock on wood never put mine down or been in an incident. its all about knowing when to do this kind of stuff and when its unsafe.
This is true, my concern would be if someone is not familiar with high revs and dumping the clutch and results that follow. If you want to drag race your bike and cut low ET times you need to be totally familiar with what it's going to do and what you have to do to pull it off, you should only lose around 500 rpms between shifts and be able to manually shift like a speed shifter. I'm not in my twenties anymore and don't care for that now but used to build the early H2's to out run the new back then Z1's also the H1's. I only weighed 130lbs...those were the days

·
Registered
9 Posts
dunno must be gettin old ..mute point to me the acceleration thing ....the big banger is about .80 of a second quicker to 60 ...i guess the question is what are you supposed to do with it when you have it ?the usual answer is get rid of it and i find the twin is much more pleasent in that regard with the engine braking being so so much better
tbo i dont find either v pariculary quick bikes compred to some ive had in the past ..ive no real skin in the game ive ridden both vs quite alot and prefer the gearbox and engine braking of the 650 over the power of the 1000 when it becomes tighter for sure
..for two up open road the 1000 would be much better i think ..thankfully i dont have to worry about that ....
i can live with .80 of second ..entertain meself with the brake lights and watching em pipe down extra gears gears i always found 4s to be a muchmore fussy /demanding engine to hussle in turns ..kinda more suited to a sportsbike neaading to pipe lower gears to keep the bike tight ..i guess im a lazy fecker now cant be bothered with the drama of it all
....that said i wouldnt object if the lay a extra 10 ponies on the 650 ..but i get around just fine with the big bangers on tour ..no bother at all ..rarely venture above 7.5k revs wuich is 90ph ..in the real world thats way enough to get somwhere in pretty short order

1 - 13 of 13 Posts