Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Got to sit on one at Daytona Bike Week 2017 this year! So light! Really nice....looks good fully loaded as well! Next to them was a 2017 Versys 650. Thought the instrument cluster would be different, but looked the same...not sure if the display is updated.

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have money saved for a new bike. I've looked at Harleys, Hondas and everything else and keep coming back to the Versys. But I've already got a nice 09 650 Versys. What shall I do? I really like the 300-x, but it looks like the KLR. I like that it has the 300cc rather than the 650. My 650 seems to have more power than I really want.

·
Registered
316 Posts
gaaaaaaaa..... make it a 400/450 for very little weight change. its a stroked 250, they have Nicasil bores so no oversizes on pistons. you'd buy one of those too right? same weight with 5 more hp and better low end torque

been waiting for that bike for years

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just called my local Kaw dealer in Louisville, Ky, they don't know when they will get these in stock. Anybody know of dealers that have them in stock now?

·
Registered
173 Posts
I think it would make a nice small adventure bike for a decent price. I will probably add a used one to the collection in a year or so. For what I would be doing in Arkansas, New Mexico, and CO. it would be perfect. Is it carb or FI?

·
Premium Member
16,113 Posts
Looks like they have a green and a gray one at Temecula Motorsports out here in Cali.....
&

·
Premium Member
16,113 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I would pay "6 grand" if it had 'real' Kaw side cases...including top case. Also must have adequate engine performance. But $6000 plus another $1000 for Givi cases brings it in-line with the 650 model.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Price any new dirtbike in the 300cc range and your going to pay more than six grand, but I agree that the price would be way more attractive with the cases. I'll just wait a year and pick one up used for $4500 with a few hours on it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I want a 300-500cc bike that I can take off road, tour, 5 hour trips, camping, and looks good. I want luggage space. I don't care about running 100mph down the freeway. I want gear indicator, usb adapter, fuel gauge, and decent seat. I was thinking the 300-x might fit the bill. I might be in dream land !!!

·
Premium Member
16,113 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Two things struck me about the Versys 300 X when we got details.

Interesting: I judge bikes starting with the tires, more so than looks. The Versys line, until now, has been about street bikes, in my mind, because of the 17-inch tires. I know, I don't want to get into the debate about off-road capability, but I see a distinction with the V-Strom line, for example, with 19-inch front wheels that open up easy options for dual-sport tires. The odd thing is that the small Versys departs from that with a more dirt-oriented tire and the new small V-Strom departs from tradition with more street-oriented front tire. I'm not sure I understand what either manufacturer was thinking when they changed course.

Odd: The price. The little Versys is more expensive than the BMW G 310 R and probably will be more expensive than the comparable G 310 GS once pricing is out on that model. Since when is the Kawasaki more expensive than the BMW?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts