Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All.
Do I have to pay $100 + tax for hand guards?
Surely there has to be a more reasonable option- anyone
know of one?
Cheers

·
Super Moderator
19,450 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
I bit the bullet and went with the OEM handguards. $98.59 + tax. Wind chill reduction was the main reason for me too.

The thing I like about the OEM guards is the way they mount seamlessly to the controls. I installed some aftermarket handguards on a previous bike, and I didn't like how they clamped on to the handlebars.

Reactions: shifted

·
Registered
1 Posts
how did you get the plastic bar protector off to screw in the new hand guards ???
I cheated and stuffed a cork in the handle bar ends and screwed the ends of the guards to the corks, rubber stoppers may have been better but couldn’t get any here. Will see how long they last.

·
Registered
410 Posts
OEM hand guards is crap. They interfere with the brake/clutch levers if you put anything aftermarket, and they do not protect you against a fall. if you want to spend 100usd, at least get proper handguards, with the backbone attachment, but only if you ride off-road. the bike looks much cleaner without any handguards. this is at least, my opinion

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have the OEM and have dropped the bike at least 3 times w/o damage to the hand guards. Another great option is Barkbusters. They all seem to be around $100 USD.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts