Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Super Moderator
20,812 Posts
Yes I have, and it does help. It shouldn't be necessary, though.
MOST motorcycles require some amount of 'customization' to work for different riders. Spending $3 to raise the front of its seat is far more acceptable to MANY riders, than spending $400 to $600 to replace the seat.

Just my humble opinion....

·
Registered
477 Posts

European type-approval documents show that the upcoming model is slightly lower—53.5 inches, as against 55.1 inches—with the windscreen at its lowest setting

If this is true, then they do something. We will see 23.11.2021 what is exactly with V650.
But it would be great if they made full LED lights / turn signals. Better than nothing.

·
Registered
835 Posts
European type-approval documents show that the upcoming model is slightly lower—53.5 inches, as against 55.1 inches—with the windscreen at its lowest setting
When you lower your bike with the Speedy kit for instance you achieve something similar by dropping the frame down the forks. But..you give up some clearance below the muffler. Maybe this "lowered" new Versys will be the stock model and the off-road option will need a "raising" kit!

·
Registered
5,293 Posts
Other than a lack of cruise control, perhaps the 2022 Triumph Tiger Sport 660 might be worth considering?
I saw and sat on the Trident a couple weeks ago. I might give it a serious look when it shows up and the unbiased reviews start populating social media. It will need an integrated hard luggage option that is comparable to the Versys 650 LT. I rarely took the panniers off the bikes that required the GivI racks because they didn't look as good with the racks showing.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I saw and sat on the Trident a couple weeks ago. I might give it a serious look when it shows up and the unbiased reviews start populating social media. It will need an integrated hard luggage option that is comparable to the Versys 650 LT. I rarely took the panniers off the bikes that required the GivI racks because they didn't look as good with the racks showing.
Of the pictures I've seen, it comes with (or at least has an option for) bags that look very similar to the Gen3 Versys.

Edit: Sorry, I though you were talking about the new Tiger, not the Trident.

·
Registered
5,293 Posts
Of the pictures I've seen, it comes with (or at least has an option for) bags that look very similar to the Gen3 Versys.

Edit: Sorry, I though you were talking about the new Tiger, not the Trident.
I was talking about the Tiger sport. Just stating that I sat on the trident more for fit and feel. I imagine the Tiger sport will be similar.

·
Registered
13 Posts
headlights will be redone to look more like the 1000, windshield will have some jags in it, new turn signals, redesigned front bodywork, lower black engine cover redesigned as well, different hand guards on the LT, that's all I could see from the teaser picture I have seen

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
So it's out.

New screen / bord computer with Gear Indicator, Traction control, coolant temperature, battery voltage, smartphone connectivity (not sure what functionality it has)
Good new features, I don't really care about the traction control, I would have preferred Cruise Control....

Heated grips, adjustable windscreen, LED headlights (no more cyclop), power plug 12V and USB (don't know what type, I guess is still USB A)
Increase in price 900CAD.

No mention about power or anything about the engine, no change in seat...

·
Registered
MK3 Versys 650
53 Posts
All articles I've found mention that the engine remains unchanged. Thats also why there is no cruise control, no easy way to implement it with the current cable actuated throttle, they'd have to update it to ride by wire and what not. I don't know how more expansive a RBW system would be, but they must be paying pennies for the current one after making it for 15 years, I think the real expense would be to homologate it... And they just homologeted the Euro V version last year. Traction control is just a sales gimmick, cheap and easy to implement and do you really need it on a 67hp bike? The LED headlights are good though, but overall... Meh.

Not that I'd be replacing the bike I just got last year though, but maybe a couple years down the road if I get the new bike itch, the Tiger 660 remains the top contender.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
I am envious about LED lights and nicer TFT display. but all the rest I don't care. It is nice that the bike is lower, but not that important. It is very interesting how that selling/advertisement strategy is now in play. I doubt that many of you know who invented it. It is the nephew of Sigmund Freud, Edward Bernays. He invented the con of advertisement based not on need by on desire, putting women in bikini in front of cars and stuff. Meaning, you buy stuff not because you need it but because you want it, you desire it. He is also responsable for putting fluoride in our water system, in the name of healthy teeth, but which destroys our brain. He was a complete a**hole.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I really like the new version. The heated grips, LED lighting (or "lightning" per video). one hand widhshield adjustment, new dash, traction control, and bigger windshield are all good useable things that could help talk me into buying one. (Currently looking for a Versys 650. The $700 price increase does not seem to bad for the improvements.
I was going to buy one of these until I realized that it still doesn't have cruise, and the big drawback for me was that while it states smart phone connectivity, It looks like this can only be used for the Rideology app. You can't use it for google maps, or Waze to put navigation on the screen. (unless i'm understanding this wrong)

21 - 40 of 41 Posts