Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just saw an article and I went to kawasaki.com

There are new models coming on Nov 23rd, and it looks like Versys is under a cover, with possible modifications.

What changes are there?
The article was talking about a new digital screen, different headlights?

Let's see!

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
man, what Versatile new styling and graphics, and it's lower and heavier too. think about it, all you would have to do is change the bars to make the bike indistinguishable from the rest of the manufacturer's lineups in the crotch rocket segment. well done Kawasaki, the world needs more styling, them graphics too, they'll look great on that little overweight pig.

how's Senor Inventor getting along up there in the Great White? any new inventions to report?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Looking at other bikes on the market I say
  • LED headlights
  • Digital dashboard
  • Front fairings similar to newer V1000 and ninja
  • Better suspension
  • Seat improvements

They will still want to stick with a budget line so I wouldn't expect many improvements. But just like gen 2 to gen3 there will be loads of small bits and bobs here and there improved

·
Registered
6 Posts
I think if they went to a digital dashboard and added just cruise control that alone would be a feature that would help it stand out from the pack. Don't need any rider modes or that other BS.

·
Super Moderator
20,798 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
how's Senor Inventor getting along up there in the Great White? any new inventions to report?
:D thanks for the call up, nothing new for the bike, the pandemic kept me mostly at home, with short day rides around.
when are you visiting the area, I'll get you to a great poutine ;)

For 2022 Versys I would look at better seat, cruise control, maybe heated handlebars.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I think if they went to a digital dashboard and added just cruise control that alone would be a feature that would help it stand out from the pack. Don't need any rider modes or that other BS.
I dont think anyone adds cruise control to such "small" bikes.

C'mon. Cornering ABS? Linked ABS? Traction control? OEM immobilizer? They are all awesome but not really that useful or essential for 649cc, well except immobilizer I guess

·
Registered
5,285 Posts
I dont think anyone adds cruise control to such "small" bikes.

C'mon. Cornering ABS? Linked ABS? Traction control? OEM immobilizer? They are all awesome but not really that useful or essential for 649cc, well except immobilizer I guess
That is what would give it an edge up on the competition. LOL!

But since they haven't even added cruise control to the Concours 14, or even updated it in 10 years, I wouldn't expect much.

The reviews of the KLR are very disappointing.

I did go sit on a Tracer 9 last week. Nice bike for almost $15,000 it better be.

·
Registered
21 Posts
why not? Kawasaki could call it the "FAT BOY", oooooops, the Harley folks already own that one.

they could call it "FATTER BOY" though, i don't think anyone claimed that yet.
Possibly unlikely a Japanese company would find humor in that lol
The fat boy was rumored to be Harleys answer to Japanese competition, supposedly a combination of the names of the bombs dropped on Japan, “fat man” and “little boy”. Harley later denied this as the origin of the name, but the first fat boy coincidentally being painted the same colors as the plane that carried one of the bombs didn’t help their denial.

Whether true or a coincidence its an interesting urban legend I thought I’d share

·
Registered
5,285 Posts
I'd guess they added more plastics, made it 50 lbs heavier, and gave it a digital display, given what I know about Kawasaki refreshes.
Considering that they introduced a lot of new bikes in the late 80s and barely changed them until 20 years later, and many of the bikes introduced in the '07 - '09 timeframe have been barely updated, it is amazing that the Versys 650 has had 3 generations.

·
Super Moderator
20,798 Posts
And yet, they still can't get the seat right. They've had 3 chances!
Have you tried to raise the front of your seat? Co$t$ about $3, so you're NOT out much if it doesn't 'suit you'....

·
Super Moderator
20,798 Posts
PS - it has worked for me over three V650s, and OVER 180,000 miles. (Learned about it when I joined the Forum, in July '08.)

·
Registered
2019 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT + various accessories
36 Posts
Hopefully a fuel mapping that doesn't make every owner feel like they must install a booster plug or do an ECU flash after a year of riding. A less loud and clunky gear box would be nice too, but the first issue is my only true gripe with my gen 3. (I'm sure LED lights and an all-digital panel will be included.)

·
Registered
422 Posts
I'd like to see LED lighting, throttle by wire with cruise, and a better instrument panel. Something that can connect to a phone to display maps and such on the display. Since Apple and Samsung have decided to make their phones too sensitive to handle the vibration of motorcycles.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts