Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
I vote for a 750 too! Or maybe even bring the V1000 to the states. I had to buy something else since they didn't bring it over. I thought I would sell my 650 Versys but it is just too much fun to ride.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
No change for 2013, so it looks like? Well color. :thumb:

More power, more gas, more weight. . . . . I like the V. :thumb:

But a few bikes look awesome at about double the price. :(

·
Registered
939 Posts
Looks like just a colour change for this year.

I keep hoping they'll mix the KLR and Versys. It's been done (KLRE 650 Super Rio), so Kawasaki could do it at the factory. It's one of the few things that would make me consider selling/trading my V...

Dave

·
Registered
16 Posts
I recently saw a new 2012 Versys at the dealership here in Canada and it looks like great bang for the buck. I plan on riding my '09 when I get it for about 1 season but everyone tells me that it is so special that I will probably never want to sell it. My heart still skips a beat for a new BMW R1200 gs ... the problem is .... the bank account coughs and sputters at the thought.... champagne taste and a beer budget is always the perennial problem.

·
Super Moderator
19,775 Posts
I recently saw a new 2012 Versys at the dealership here in Canada and it looks like great bang for the buck. I plan on riding my '09 when I get it for about 1 season but everyone tells me that it is so special that I will probably never want to sell it....
What color is your '09???

:huh:

·
Super Moderator
19,775 Posts

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
Versys 1000 gets about 39 to 44 miles per US gallon (47 to 53 miles per imperial gallon) under relatively normal riding conditions.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Maybe a 750 cc engine. Heard that they are coming out with one. Not sure but lot of rumours flying around this part of the world.
750 cc?
No, I don't need it. 650 cc engine is fine. here in italy biggest engine mean more taxes and most expensive insurance.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Like the looks of the 1000. I am betting it is a gas guzzler, with that engine and lack of aero. But still, awesome bike.
On my very first tank on full power mode and all city I got 45 mpg Imperial (38 US) which is what I always got with my 650 with 60 or so hp compared to 115 :dgi:
I am now doing a tankfull at reduced (approx. 75%) power to see what I get. If I continue to get the same mileage on full power as I did with the 650 I will be a happy camper.
Regardless of the mpg I have a feeling the low power setting won't see too much use. :D

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Like the looks of the 1000. I am betting it is a gas guzzler, with that engine and lack of aero. But still, awesome bike.
The v1000 has the same engine i have in my ninja 1000 but is supposed to be more fuel efficient than the Ninja, at 200 miles i would be running on fumes on my 19 litre tank, if we were hitting the throttle hard a lot less than that! The V1000 also has a bigger tank with 21 litres i think.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The v1000 has the same engine i have in my ninja 1000 but is supposed to be more fuel efficient than the Ninja, at 200 miles i would be running on fumes on my 19 litre tank, if we were hitting the throttle hard a lot less than that! The V1000 also has a bigger tank with 21 litres i think.
The versys 1000 comes conquistanto many people here in Brazil because the engine is fantastic and I realize that most people who are taking the V1000 are not people who had bigtrail but other people who had sports bikes and want to ride well in taking the missus travel (croup), not interesting?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts