Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody,

I'm planning to buy Versys these days and i'm trying to have a lot of knowledge about this very good machine :)

But i suddenly realize the visualization change since last year is not just the replacement of the Yellow with Imperial Red.

If you aware that the Black one has 1 particular change between 2010 and 2011. Actually this change doesn't effect the new Imperial Red.

I've created a collage that 2010 and 2011 models. So you can see at the bottom the 2011 has strangely change the color of that part. But Imperial Red of 2011 hasn't that change.

Does somebody has any idea why is that, i asked my dealer they say they wanted to be identified the 2010 and 2011 models. But i think it's not good looking (personal view) , i also saw that change on the real versys.

Any comments ? And if somebody aware any other visual change please share with us.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Hopefully you'll join the ranks here as a fellow owner.
:welcome:

They futz with the colors from year to year. Silver and black trim pieces mixed and matched willy-nilly. If you don't like the trim color you can paint it or replace it.

I knew I wanted a black one because I saw the 2010 model at a bike show. But saving a couple of grand was worth getting a '09 and painting it the color I wanted.

Whatever you get you'll probably end up wanting to customize it anyway, most of us here do that. And then later it doesn't much matter as it becomes all about the riding.

:cheers:

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I have a 2010 and I’m planning on painting the silver side panels & radiator shroud black. If anyone gets a 2011 and wants to trade their black for my silver just let me know...

·
Premium Member
7,806 Posts
check where or which country the 2010 & 20111 are made.

The last 2010/11 units we saw here were made in Thailand Plants and they dont look that good compare to the 09 models-IMHO.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I've seen the 2011 Versys, Black and also wondered why they change some of the colors on the radiator shroud and fork. The fork is Titanium and the shroud is now charcoal grey. I would have preferred a Silver shroud to add in some contrast.

I'm from Malaysia and will be getting the Black sometime early Feb 2011. Woo Hoo! It wasn't my favorite color option but only Black is available. No Metallic Imperial Red or Pearl Solar Yellow unless I get it painted myself.

I also checked if it has a O2 sensor, and yes it is there! I know the 2009 model in Malaysia does not have it. We don't have a 2010 model as 2010 was flooded with 2009 models, mostly Silver and Green.

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts

I'm from Malaysia and will be getting the Black sometime early Feb 2011. Woo Hoo! It wasn't my favorite color option but only Black is available. No Metallic Imperial Red or Pearl Solar Yellow unless I get it painted myself.

I also checked if it has a O2 sensor, and yes it is there! I know the 2009 model in Malaysia does not have it. We don't have a 2010 model as 2010 was flooded with 2009 models, mostly Silver and Green.
The ABS version here is the metalic red and the non abs is black for the 2011. What the price for a 2011 in Malaysia, will be up your way end of june this year and will definately going to Penang

·
Registered
352 Posts

Had I known I was going to go black on the fairings, I might have gone with
that on the frame covers, but I had already matched them to the clutch cover.
I think I'm done painting, at least for now. If I had the time and a shop, it would
be cool to get rid of the silver altogether, maybe add a red frame ala Ducati!

You know Element there really is only so much you can do. Your bike looks outstanding. You took it farther then I ever could. My arm got numb shaking the Fusion can. I'm glad there wasn't much to redo on my green V. Go ride:goodidea: I think we have riding weather in Seattle this week...FINALLY. Where's my sunglasses?

·
Premium Member
7,806 Posts
The ABS version here is the metalic red and the non abs is black for the 2011. What the price for a 2011 in Malaysia, will be up your way end of june this year and will definately going to Penang
the price OTR: RM 38,800.00.

Much cheaper than the 09 model form Japan.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Hi Kiwi,

The OTR price I got is RM38,300. (Divide by 3.1 to convert to USD$). I am trading in my 250R Ninja 2008 model.

Coming to Penang? That's great! We can meet up if time permits. I'll PM you later.

·
Registered
508 Posts
So if you like the older model better your in luck.......it will be a lot cheaper and dealers with last years model still on the floor will be willing to go low.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I stopped into my local dealer to get the spring supplies and they had a 2011 in Red. I must say it was a pretty color ( even with all the black trim ), I joked with the them that I would do an even swap just for that. They were not interested ( go figure ). :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts