Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
2020 Versys 1000
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings. I enjoy riding my 2020 Kawasaki Versys 1000 SE LT+ immensely but for the seating position. I’m a shade over 6’4” with a 34”+ inseam and weigh almost 250 pounds. My knees are just too cramped and the stock seat pitches forward. I’m hoping to sort this out before riding this summer from Texas to the northeast. Although I plan to raise, augment, or rebuild the seat eventually, my first step will be lowering the foot pegs and I’ve been able to find three kits from two manufacturers. (If there’s anything else available in the US, I haven’t found it.) I’d appreciate feedback from anyone with experience relevant to the products below from Motowerk and SW-Motech or other useful advice.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

1 Motowerk foot peg lowering blocks: Lowers the front foot pegs straight down by 1.3" (33 mm). Allows no other adjustment. Includes $15 brake lever adjustment nut. $74. Lowering Foot Peg Blocks for Kawasaki

2 SW-Motech EVO footrest kit: Lowers the front foot pegs by 15 mm (0.6”). Allows vertical, fore-and-aft, and angle adjustment. Includes better than stock foot rests. $178. Height-adjustable footrests - Kawasaki Versys 300/650/1000 - SW-MOTECH

3 SW-Motech ION footrest kit: Lowers the front foot pegs by 15 mm (0.6”). Allows no other adjustment. Includes better than stock foot rests. $139. Height-adjustable footrests - Versys 650/1000 - SW-MOTECH

· Premium Member
11,278 Posts
One thing, most of my rides are 330 to 450 KM a day, up to 950 KM per day maximum. I have modified my seat, and this is a V650, one thing, I have the highway mounts by speedy and Rivco pegs. I haven't seen anything that compares to Rivco for the money. I am a 30 inch in seam and without those pegs, 3 hours maximum a day. I ride 95% with my feet up on the highway pegs. I have both ankle and knee injuries from when i was a kid. those Rivco pegs were on my 07 now my 2015 and still going strong.

· Registered
2020 Versys 1000
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thank you.

It sounds like you're using the stock foot peg mounts. Is that correct?

I will put highway pegs on my bike (I'm a big fan), but I'm trying to take care of the regular pegs first.

My (admittedly unachievable) ideal is the functionality I had with my 1978 KZ650C, which I rode as my sole transport for a few years in the early 1980's, including a cross-continental ride. It had a tall, flat, broad saddle and highway pegs. On the highway, I was able to be anywhere from laying back on the backpack tied to my sissy bar with my feet on the highway pegs, to laying over my tank bag with my feet on the passenger pegs.

· Premium Member
11,278 Posts
No, in addition I have speedy lowering pegs as well. Both passenger and driver

· Premium Member
16,421 Posts
On my 2016 i had the Motowerk peg lowering blocks as well as the MotoWerks highway peg mounts with Rivco pegs. Had a custom seat made by Terry Adcox it was a flat seat to get ride of the pillion hump and was taller than stock. I have bad knee's and a hip so this would allow me to stretch out my legs and scoot back more on the seat..

P1020355 by weljo2001, on Flickr

· Premium Member
16,421 Posts
Thank you. That looks like a great seat.

Did you have any issues using the shift or brake levers or adjusting them to fit after installing the foot peg lowering kit?

No issues for me i wear a size 13 boot..

· Super Moderator
22,203 Posts

· Registered
2015 Versys 650 LT
1,207 Posts
It took me a couple of years to tailor my ride on my 650 for comfort. I agree with all the above. I got a Sargent seat which is flat and hard, I know from experience what works for me. Upright riding style, lowered foot-pegs and the highway-peg mounts (Motowerks) were next. I can ride all day with the variety of using highway pegs. And after experimenting with cheaper pegs I finally got the Rivco anti-vibration pegs. The cheaper pegs did vibrate a lot more. Then 2 inch handlebars riser. Took a while to get it all right.
Vehicle Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle

On the highway, I was able to be anywhere from laying back on the backpack tied to my sissy bar
:D I did a cross canada and US return trip on my little Ducati in the 70s with the backpack and sleeping bag for leaning back on. Very underrated for comfort but a bit top heavy. Weljo holds the Verseys 650 record for the most top heavy load here!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.