Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
That is cool, i like the idea of having a 1000, although its not really a ver-sys ( versatile system) anymore, from the looks of it anyway, and not quite as comfortable looking, cool tho

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think that's photoshopped. I loaded it up and zoomed in. I believe the wheels and forks are from a 1st generation Z1000. The passenger peg brackets are the dead giveaway - those are clearly 1st gen Z1000.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Pretty slick fairing and headlight.

·
Registered
440 Posts
It makes sense. Here's my wishlist. Add 1 cylinder to the 650 twin and make a 975cc triple. Triumph doesn't own that configuration. Then upgrade the seat and brakes and find a windscreen that works.

I bet that would sell like hotcakes!

Although, to be fair, I'm not even thinking about changing bikes. I went out yesterday and blasted some country roads. This bike is PERFECT for the very twisty roads we have here in the mountains of Western North Carolina. The bonus, very little traffic!

·
Registered
139 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
I contacted Kawasaki USA 3 months ago regarding the potential of a Versys 1000cc. I was told that unlike the Multistrada 620, and V-Strom 650, which are based upon a 1,000cc platform, the Versys was designed soley as a 650cc. I was told by the Kawa rep that the frame wasn't designed to handle the stresss that a 1,000cc engine brings, and that a 1,000cc paralell twin wasnt something Kawasaki saw a future in and wasn't going to invest the time and money. We'll see next month though!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I don't see much of a market for the bike except maybe for touring 2 up. Also, it has lost some of the great features (like the under-ship exhaust) that make the 650 great.

If you're riding 1 up the only thing a 1000cc would do is raise your insurance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.