Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
only had bike for a week and find the my hand goes tingly after a 1/2 hour. Is this common or does my bike have more vibration than most?
thanks,
Perry

·
Premium Member
7,879 Posts
:welcome:aboard.

Try loosening your grip on the throttle, or is the tingly on both hands? .Just try to loosen yourself when riding as most riders do have a habit of stressing the hold on the bike handle.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Welcome :)

I had same problem on my Versys 650. It is my first motorbike ever, so I was unconsciously hold hard grip. I have that problem first one and half month until I didn't get how motorbike reacting, and how to take control on him.
If is that your first motorbike, you probably have same problem like me. Just try to loose grip on throtle and relax, and you will be fine.
Also I recomended to buy Slip-on Foam Anti Vibration from aliexpress for 1 - 3 $, it will also reduce vibration 50% minimum

Reactions: Fastoman

·
Premium Member
2020 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT
256 Posts
Agree with Kardan. I added foam to mine after my first long ride and painful tingles in my hand. Corrected it right away. Ease your grip, loosen your gloves, get foam. Keep your wheels below you. No problems since.

Welcome!

Reactions: kardan

·
Premium Member
16,220 Posts
No issues with my V-1000 but on my FJR i got a set of these Extra Heavy Bar Ends.....Kawasaki Bar Ends

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi,
only had bike for a week and find the my hand goes tingly after a 1/2 hour. Is this common or does my bike have more vibration than most?
thanks,
Perry
I just bought my 2019 yesterday with 2470 miles on it. Sadly I thought the numbness was from my seated position initially. Having put on 100 miles, vibrations kick in when my bike is over 3000rpm. At 4000rpm, they put my right hand to sleep in about 15 minutes. I literally hover my fingertips over the brake lever and can feel it buzzing like a tuning fork! I emailed the dealer that I want to return the bike. Shame on me for not purchasing the bike I test rode (it had 4300 miles vs 2500 miles). I made the assumption the bike would perform the same. Maybe I can exchange it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Your vibrations MIGHT be from something being loose. Check your engine mounts.
Went to the dealer and test rode the original Versys again and went on a much more in depth and thorough ride. Before I left, the dealer asked for my keys so they could inspect my bike, double check fluids, pressures, etc... The stuff that should have been done before delivery. :ROFLMAO: I will say, the seat vibration @ 6K seems to be a Versys 1000 thing. It was present on all 3 of the 2019's I rode.

The bike I "re-rode" still had a little buzzing and vibration in the hand controls, but the magnitude was a fraction of what I have been experiencing on my bike. One thing I will mention however is that the bluetooth connectivity via the Rideology App worked on the dealer's bikes and it still doesn't detecting my Versys.... Brought the bike back to dealer and rode mine back home as the dealer said they made some adjustments and to re-evaluate the vibration. Not sure what they did, but they definitely were able to dial back the buzzyness in the hands to an acceptable level, especially if Grip Puppies are installed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts