Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
As far as I'm concerned, Steve's ECU flash for the Gen 3 V650 is a must. Now for the 1000!

https://sites.google.com/site/shoodabenengineering/heat-shields

VERSYS 1000 ECU FLASH- CURRENTLY FOR 2015-16 models. Others to be added shortly.

Special introductory pricing - 225.00 during April, 2020 USA only!

We are seeing some real changes in the sport touring world. Manufacturers are leaning towards either hypersport touring, or adventure touring. The Versys 1000 is part of the upcoming breed of "asphalt adventure" bikes. That's not to say it can't be used offroad... my 2015 V1000LT is used offroad everyday on sand trails and dirt roads. In fact it's the bike I ride the most, as the wide bars, upright seating position,low center of gravity and relatively light weight make it a good all around choice for me. As such, I demand very good low rpm and light throttle operation for offroad, and higher power for on road use. My flash has resolved any throttle jerkiness from idle all the way up. Power increases, particularly with the addition of a header, are substantial. My direction for this flash is very refined throttle control while increasing power.

·
Premium Member
16,258 Posts
That link is not working..

·
Registered
845 Posts
I assume it's a dandy as the one in my 650 works awesomely.

Reactions: onewizard

·
Registered
109 Posts
So my 16 V1000 has a cat delete pipe, Akrapovic muffler, and K&N air filter. Will this flash work for my set up? The bike runs great now as is so I'm wondering if it would extract more power? Thanks

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So my 16 V1000 has a cat delete pipe, Akrapovic muffler, and K&N air filter. Will this flash work for my set up? The bike runs great now as is so I'm wondering if it would extract more power? Thanks
From website- "Power increases, particularly with the addition of a header, are substantial"

·
Registered
845 Posts
From website- "Power increases, particularly with the addition of a header, are substantial"

I think there are Dyno charts for various equipment at the Shoodaben site.

·
Registered
263 Posts

Sorry for the late reply, I missed this post.

i have a flash that is taylor made for this setup. I used the delkevic header, same as the stock pipe w/o the cats. Yes, there are performance gains over what you have now. The real gains are in smoothness of throttle control and rideability. i'm getting feedback now from the first few early adopters, all are impressed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just returned from my second ride since Steve flashed my V1000 ECM--best description: Awesome! The acceleration from any static throttle position is smoother and more intense. I especially appreciate the change to the fuel cut while moving through slow traffic in lower gears. 2017 V1000: no intake or exhaust mods. I mailed my ECM on Saturday, and it back the next Saturday. Thank you Steve!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am highly interested in this for my 1000 as well. I have a full delkevic with 17" tri oval muffler, dna filter, and booster plug. Would this work for me? I could easily pull the ecu off and send it to you since I'm down for winter. I'm just worried the booster plug will interfere with how you intend the tune to run.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I am highly interested in this for my 1000 as well. I have a full delkevic with 17" tri oval muffler, dna filter, and booster plug. Would this work for me? I could easily pull the ecu off and send it to you since I'm down for winter. I'm just worried the booster plug will interfere with how you intend the tune to run.
You'll need to remove the booster plug. ECU tuning is nothing like a booster plug, and leaving the booster there will really mess up the tune.
Steve

·
Registered
2 Posts
You'll need to remove the booster plug. ECU tuning is nothing like a booster plug, and leaving the booster there will really mess up the tune.
Steve
Thank you for the response. I'm going to think this over and I may be reaching out to you via email. Now I just have to figure out how much I'm willing to take for the booster plug I just bought and installed. I wish I would have found this thread before dropping $160 on it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts