Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made a minor mod to my Kawasaki Vario screen that made a big difference for me at 6'-2. Using a Dremel with cutoff wheel and drum sander attachment, I trimmed the lower part of the screen down to match the cowling curve and allow me to swap the lower thicker Vario spacers to the top without crashing the screen into the cowling. Now the windscreen matches the headlight curve and diverts the air over my helmet. This mod also eliminated the headlight reflection on the lower part of the screen. The original front trim of the Vario did not match the Versys cowling shapes very well.

Gordon

·
Registered
775 Posts
Nice job gordonM...I've got the exact screen acomin in the brown truck and I'm going to follow your lead with Mr. Dremel...

·
Registered
377 Posts
Looks like a plan
... about how many mm from the base of the screen did you remove?
(just to give me an idea how deep to cut) or did you use the original screen as a template?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Great Mod, I was thinking of doing the same thing. You beat me to it, looks like it is going to work. Thanks for the post and pics

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The pink in this picture shows the material that I trimmed away. Do not try to cut all of it at once. It took me three trimmings to get it right. Cover the area with masking tape and draw a line on the tape to follow, and cut thru the tape or sand up to the line on the tape. Do some trial fits on the Versys with the edge covered with tape, you can hold a pen between two fingers rested on the cowling and run your fingers along the cowling to transfer the curve onto the tape.

When you are happy with the trim use some sandpaper wrapped around a small piece of wood to smooth the edge out.

Gordon

·
Registered
377 Posts
Been thinking of attempting this mod. However i was wondering if i should first try and space out the top 2 bolts half an inch, to push a little more air higher...
Has anyone done this with success, as currently I can get in a good quiet zone if i do a Quasimodo over the tank as it is, so I'm assuming it would be even better if i made the screen more Vertical.

I've also seen a post of someone adding the original screen in place of the winglet on the Vario, but i cant seem to find it >.< can some one post the link too please.

·
Registered
103 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts