Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Off to the show today, always good to stay up on new models (I first saw the Versys there last year!). Looking for a smaller dual purpose to make bike #2 in the carport. Anyone else going?

·
Registered
779 Posts
Just back! Took the V over today. COLD ride this AM... took me an hour to thaw out. I was the second bike there. I had not been in a few years, and was sorry to see that there was nothing from Triumph. Booo! I was interested to see the new Bandit 1250 and comparing it to the new Honda CBF1000. Two possible contenders for next bike... however, the V is going to be darn hard to replace! I was hoping to check out a Tiger as well. See how those liter+ bikes felt side by side.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Triumph haven't done the CycleWorld circuit for a few years now. They decided they would get better bang for the buck with print advertising.
Any trade show regardless of what you are selling is so expensive.
But at this years Seattle show, the local Triumph dealers got together and brought in most of the current models.

Machog

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hey there! Went to the show after selling the V in the morning and buying an 06 Impala in the afternoon.(see my thread, Sold my V) Was certainly surprised at the bikes parked outside (car's equipped with a dash display thermometer, -2 at 5:30 PM). Did anyone talk to Jordan Szoke at the Kawy booth? , nice guy. My son was absolutly frothing at the mouth over the ER-6N, got to admit I may look at it myself when I'm ready to replace the V I sold! There was a definite over-abundance the "large bellied black clad wannabes" LOL! For those that are fans of big K - "Go green or go home"

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The show as a bit of a zoo. That must have been a cold ride! Last year it snowed and there were a bunch of people who were no longer thinking the free parking was a good deal.

Looking for a second bike, something more to the off road side of dual purpose. The klr is still the best deal going, even though the drz400 is a nice little bike. The new gray versys is nice! I'll stick with orange though.

I've installed all my new accessories, cleaned and polished the bike and all my gear. I just wish it would warm up now.

·
Registered
39 Posts
rbl. The gent that bought my V is selling his KLR, not sure what he is asking. Think it might be on craigslist for vancouver or buysell.com, his name is Steve. If you want, I can get you more info, I believe it's an 07 or 08.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
rbl. The gent that bought my V is selling his KLR, not sure what he is asking. Think it might be on craigslist for vancouver or buysell.com, his name is Steve. If you want, I can get you more info, I believe it's an 07 or 08.
Thanks, I've seen his ad on Craigslist, at first he was looking to trade. He has on 08. If it was my only bike I would go for an 08 or newer, but for off road I would want an 07 or older (preferable a fair bit older and cheaper!). He's looking for 5250, which is quite reasonable.

Thanks again though!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts