Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello fellow Versarians,

I am looking for a visual aid for checking and adjusting the valve clearance.
An how-to basicly. I do know how to strip the bike down, including air box, and have technical know how, but want to be confident that i know where to find the shims and where to measure.

I have read Lonerockz thread http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15006

I got some visualization from there, but not really an how-to (was not intended to be too).
It seems to me like a precise, but not to difficult job where you just have to know what to look for.

Anybody here that has some tips or knows how to find an how-to with pictures for the Versys? The service manual is not really generous with pictures in this regard.

Thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
18,828 Posts
The shims are UNDER the buckets, and are about 1/4" in diameter (pretty much the same size as the end of the valves). I used a magnet to remove the buckets, and the shims came WITH the buckets.

I'm pretty 'anal' so I took my time - no real issues, though you might want to 'mod' your black plastic fuel line under the tank w/ the 1/4" x .014 brass tubing to reinforce it (as someone posted a few days ago) while you're already in there. :goodluck:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts