Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,

I thought after the first couple of valve adjustments were about 600 and 12,000 miles; and then the the intervals were 24,000 miles. It's hard to dig up on the internet for all of the years without a shop manual. Was the 24k mile intervals just for the new 2015 models (It could also be internet minutia or my cataracts too :( )? Every 15k miles is not too shabby, but 24k miles is almost next to hydraulic no-adjust valves (but the performance may not be as good, or for 4 cylinders only.)

If the intervals change at any year or years, please let me know for my purchasing research.

As always, Thanks Gratefully!

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
It hasn't changed since the 2007 Versys was introduced... I checked my 2007 at about 3,000 miles, and found that one exhaust valve was just below minimum spec at 0.21 mm, so I set them all at middle of range; 0.18 mm inlet valves, and 0.26 mm exhaust valves. Many have found some valve clearances to be lacking, especially on the exhausts on earlier models. It's good to at least measure clearances early, as it's relatively easy. Once properly set, you can ride in peace for the long haul.

Why are you still in the member introductions forum section with this technical question?

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It hasn't changed since the 2007 Versys was introduced... I checked my 2007 at about 3,000 miles, and found that one exhaust valve was just below minimum spec at 0.21 mm, so I set them all at middle of range; 0.18 mm inlet valves, and 0.26 mm exhaust valves. Many have found some valve clearances to be lacking, especially on the exhausts on earlier models. It's good to at least measure clearances early, as it's relatively easy. Once properly set, you can ride in peace for the long haul.

Why are you still in the member introductions forum section with this technical question?

Oh, I'm sorry! I was not sure when I would not be a new member, and they were so helpful here. I am just scrambling now to get a bike so I'm not exactly thinking clearly: you know, focused with blinders on. Using Pareto analysis is what keeps us old guys on the tracks day to day, when dealing with hectic deadlines. I won't do it again! Thanks for the heads-up. :closed:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts