Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all - a great St Valentine's Day to ANY or ALL of you, and your SPECIAL ones!

Then, a bit of background on what 14 Feb means to me:

On this day in 1969 I received my pilot "Wings" in the Canadian Airforce, and then in 1994, returning from a weekend skiing the "Big Mountain" in Whitefish, Montana (AGAIN - on THIS DAY!) I asked my wife to marry me, and she accepted.

Hope all your memories of this day are as great as mine are.

:goodidea:

:grinangel:

·
Premium Member
9,203 Posts
First of all - a great St Valentine's Day to ANY or ALL of you, and your SPECIAL ones!

Then, a bit of background on what 14 Feb means to me:

On this day in 1969 I received my pilot "Wings" in the Canadian Airforce, and then in 1994, returning from a weekend skiing the "Big Mountain" in Whitefish, Montana (AGAIN - on THIS DAY!) I asked my wife to marry me, and she accepted.

Hope all your memories of this day are as great as mine are.

:goodidea:

:grinangel:
You sure about the date? 1994, married 25 years?

·
Super Moderator
19,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You sure about the date? 1994, married 25 years?
Yup! (Except when the anniversary comes up later in April - it'll be 26!)

:grin2:

·
Super Moderator
19,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ANOTHER special on THIS 14 Feb....

Here's my odometer as of about noon today....

90,000 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

Because of my age - I wonder IF I'll get it to ALL 9s, which might happen in 2021, then it'll change to ALL 0s a mile later, I believe...!:surprise:

·
Super Moderator
19,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cool story Ed.

The consumerism of Holidays caused me to write a long rant, but I deleted it. Hope you and the Mrs. had a great celebration.
We DID, and I TOO have issues w/ rampant consumerism. Because of it, we NEVER celebrate 14 Feb, as the roses that are selling at $10/dozen two weeks before, suddenly co$t $30.

At least our wedding anniversary is an OTHERWISE undistinguished mid-April day, so we CAN celebrate IT!

:grin2:

·
Registered
638 Posts
Nice Eddy. That was the day my mom and dad got engaged, in 1946, and they were married 4 months later on Flag Day. Take care.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts