Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I am new to this forum, and just learning about the bike as its new to me as well.

I found some videos etc for mid 2000 model versys 650 that suggests joining the vacuum intakes(and/or with a T, that leads to..somewhere..) together with a hose which apparently smooths out lower RPM and reduces engine braking?

Anyone have experience or suggestions for this on a 2015 model please?

Apologies if there are posts already..I suck at navigating this site so far.

Thanks from BC!

·
Registered
499 Posts
Reactions: Fly-Sig and 241898

·
Premium Member
9,209 Posts
Wait For Forum Access Correction

Hello all,
I am new to this forum, and just learning about the bike as its new to me as well.

I found some videos etc for mid 2000 model versys 650 that suggests joining the vacuum intakes(and/or with a T, that leads to..somewhere..) together with a hose which apparently smooths out lower RPM and reduces engine braking?

Thanks from BC!
As to your question, that is pre 2015 for the MK-1 and MK-2. I have several threads on changing the TPS setting, a waste of time, we have a oxygen sensor, any changes to the TPS is corrected by the oxygen sensor. There is a thread on the flash, you want to put a >:) on your face, ride your bike for about 1000 KM, stop and go traffic, highway back to city driving, driving at 60 KM / HR. Then get the flash, after you get the flash, you will never get rid of that bike, you will never ,restore it to the original setting, it is that much better!!

https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/13-member-only-group-rides-other-topics/218243-ecus-flashing-tuning-versys-650-complete.html

·
Read Only
82 Posts
Hello all,

Thanks from BC!
Many answers are in the Member intro under stuck threads,everything from posting inline photos to searching the forum, most of those are by me when I too had difficulty , FYI my non mod user is Testacc Sticky
https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/5-member-introductions/

·
Premium Member
9,209 Posts
One and the same

Many answers are in the Member intro under stuck threads,everything from posting inline photos to searching the forum, most of those are by me when I too had difficulty , FYI my non mod user is Testacc Sticky
https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/5-member-introductions/
Yes , my regular log in is Testacc, only way I can check out issues that regular members are having, as a signed in super mod, 90% of the restrictions are bypassed for me, unfortunately I can't see what new members see before the 48 hours are up, something I am going to look into.

·
Premium Member
9,209 Posts
Manoevering this Forum

No dumb question, most self help are in the Stickies of the Member Intro forum, everything is easy once you know how, I know the frustration, many members were posting photos using BB code, I was using inferior jpeg, our buddy in OZ @Gigitt did a posting of how to post inline photos using BB code. There are many threads explaining how to do it, 95% of the problems can be solved by having two browsers open, old android users are going to have problems. When asking a question, give as much detail as possible, FYI chrome users have a unique problem with deleting cache forever. Trust me, I specialized in electrical service, motor / motor controls. drives/ inverters, but my training in programming was restricted to PLC programming, and robotics, nothing to do with computer programs or programming.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello,
Thank you for writing.
I looked through the thread/post/sticky that "Testacc" linked about the "flash" but could not find info/a link to where to buy it, how much, how to install it etc.
Ha ha I seem to get more confused everytime I'm on here

·
Registered
537 Posts
The ECU flash is mentioned in numerous threads. This is a long read with great info about how the ECU update works and numerous experiences with it, including my own.

https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/13-member-only-group-rides-other-topics/218243-ecus-flashing-tuning-versys-650-complete.html

This is where you get it-

https://sites.google.com/site/shoodabenengineering/home/versys-650-ecu-flash

This is the best update I've done to my bike by far. It makes a stunning difference! Anyone who has a Gen 3 (2015 -) and hasn't done this ECU Flash update is missing out!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thank you indeed Buffalo Bob!!!

I will read through and likely purchase, especially if you are saying this is the "best mod by far" that is quite a positive statement.

Thank you again everyone, already learning lots!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts