Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Earlier this year a friend & I purchased (2) left-over 2015 V650’s, his is an LT & mine an ABS. My friend found the windshield extremely noisy regardless of where it is adjusted. All of my bikes have flyscreens or nothing, so the noise doesn’t bother me all that much, though it’s much higher than I expected. He disliked the noise so much, he wouldn’t ride the bike. Several months back he called National Cycle to see if they were going to produce a windshield for the “new” V, since he’s been very happy w/ several of theirs in the past. He was told repeatedly that they were coming out w/ something & that it was almost ready. After several months of calling, he was finally assured the windshield would be ready the following Tues. & arrived about a week ago. He found it to be terribly noisy regardless of where it was adjusted & called Nat’l Cycle for their take on the situation. They told him to send it back for a refund based on whether or not it could be re-sold as “new”. I didn’t see it, but according to my friend, the Nat’l Cycle windshield was almost straight up & down w/ little slant.

Have any of you purchased this windscreen and, if so – what are your thoughts? It’s my understanding they introduced a screen for the new V1000 as well, but that it mounts differently & has a slant.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have a 2015 v 650 lt and I bought a puig windshield because the buffering made me want to ride at all. I bought it on revzilla and love it. Worth every penny, and I got the light smoke which is the perfect tint.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your response. Did you get what they designate the "touring" model? Any photos?

·
Registered
12 Posts
One thing to note about this windscreen is the potential for it to melt your dashboard when parked in the sunlight.

(I have one installed on my V for 2 weeks but haven't yet encountered this issue)

The sticker on the windshield mentions this possibility, and I will be looking to add a sun visor to the dashboard to hopefully prevent this issue.

Posting to make others aware

1 - 6 of 6 Posts