Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Awhile back I seem to recall someone asking about changing the low-beam headlight bulb [0n a Gen 1...?].

MINE on the '08 died a few days ago, so I got another H7 bulb, and went to work:
removed the 'shield, then the L and R fairings so I could access the headlight;
removed two 6mm bolts (10mm socket), one per side about 1.5" from the top, and two nuts (10mm socket again), one each facing forward at the bottom corners;
then lowered the headlight assembly to the front fender [onto a large towel put there to protect the fender); and
removed BOTH headlight sockets, so I could put the current hi-beam bulb into the lo-beam socket, then replace the hi-beam bulb w/ the H7 bulb I just purchased.

Then I reversed the work, 'buttoned' it up, and made a notation in my "maintenance log". [I had replaced the OEM low-beam back in Feb '13 at 40,548 miles, THIS one at 81,247 miles on 19 Dec this year.]

So-o-o - the OEM lo-beam had lasted 40,548 miles, while THIS lo-beam had 'served' as a hi-beam for the SAME 40,548 miles, PLUS as lo-beam for an additional 40,699 miles BEFORE it 'died'.

Pretty good durability if you ask me....

:thumb: - :yeahsmile: - :thumb: - :yeahsmile:

:clap:

·
Premium Member
16,222 Posts
I haven't kept a bike long enough to have to change a bulb..:grin2::grin2:

·
Premium Member
9,209 Posts
Bulb Failure = New Bike

I haven't kept a bike long enough to have to change a bulb..:grin2::grin2:
Just thinking, do you check to see if the bulb failed , or just buy a new bike?>:)
Merry Chrismas Joe, your a real asset on this forum:x:grin2:

·
Super Moderator
19,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1 - 5 of 5 Posts