Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
yes, it would be interesting to know the logic behind. or was that just a miss ?!!
I could be. I'm very tempted to drill another hole closer to the axle in a similar fashion as the one on the left side. For the time being, I can't see any possible negative results of doing so ... but who knows LOL?

·
Registered
722 Posts
For the right side, I've been thinking of making another drain hole closer to the axle similar to the one on the left side. However I keep holding off wondering why Kawasaki didn't do it the same as on the left side. There must/could be a valid reason for doing so.
Me too. Im thinking that the different design on the right swingarm doesnt collect water like the left side. Maybe the whole right side swingarm is sealed except for the higher placed hole. When my left chain slack adjuster bolt seized I had to drill the bolt out and I replaced both adjuster bolts with verified stainless steel bolts.But the right side bolt was fine,no sign of galvanic corrosion. The higher placement of the larger right side hole makes me think its not for drainage but to just let air in, keep the interior stable.The left side hole is very small for draining water,prone to plugging up as stuff grows in there I guess.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I'm very tempted to drill another hole closer to the axle in a similar fashion as the one on the left side. For the time being, I can't see any possible negative results of doing so .
Silviefox thought that the left-side swingarm collects all the water because of the lean when using the side-stand . So in your case using the center-stand,maybe you could drill one on the right.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Silviefox thought that the left-side swingarm collects all the water because of the lean when using the side-stand . So in your case using the center-stand,maybe you could drill one on the right.
Most of the time, I use the side stand.
Who knows what I'll do LOL. I might drill it ... and I might not. It's not an issue.
However I will definitely enlarge the hole on the left side. :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Hi friends,

hope you all are doing good.

Other day I was casually browsing my phone gallery and found this video clip - I had shot while doing some work. I thought of making use to this short clip, which explains the accessories trigger wiring - maybe helpful to some.

take care.

regards,
Pranav

·
Premium Member
7,991 Posts
:thumb:pranav. We usually have pictures and a lot of write ups, and now we have video's. Thanks for your contribution. Be safe.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Hello friends,
hope you all are doing good. After a long time I'm getting the bike to shape (was in hibernation !) and trying to resume rides.
Other day I cleaned the front and rear brake assembly - the pistons had some rust buildup which was gently scraped-off using a blade and very smooth polish paper (/emery paper). The brake oil (F & R) was also replaced, bleeding the old oil out. Some of these activities I had already documented on my YT channel.

Next I thought of cleaning the ABS Sensor (F & R), this I video documented for ref. It was a very easy task.

I plan to do some more tasks, and for some work I'll visit a good private garage to get helping hand.
Take care all.

regards,
Pranav

21 - 30 of 30 Posts