Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello friends,

I have a Versys-650 (2017), and recently did some work on the same. I have captured the activity in video, thought of sharing here.

1) Replacing the Coolant in Radiator :

2) Installing a Mobile USB Charger :

3) Chain Cleaning & Lubrication:

4) Moto Jack to lift rear wheel :

·
Premium Member
9,115 Posts
Temporarily Stuck

Once I have more time to view these, if the info is accurate I will copy these posts to the correct How To Forum threads.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks friends for the nice words, it encourages me.
Im learning each day, and some I try to capture in my start-up YT channel!
Btw, I already have the Easy Clutch adapter, on next opportunity will install it.

·
Registered
242 Posts
thanks for the videos. well done. i had a student a couple of years ago named pooja. nice kid. going to med school now.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Where can I find a jack like this?

Reactions: Mattias

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Where can I find a jack like this?
You can find that moto-jack on Amazon.com or even Revzilla.com

if you are good in fabrication, can try making one, basic idea :
- get two "C" channel strips, one with 1.5in and other 2.0in width, both about 6-8in in length
- the thinner one slide a bit (1-1.5in) in the wider one, drill holes, and put a bolt across : makes a clamp like
- make a groove cut (if you want to mount on spool)
- on the base part (the wider strip), can put some rubber or a flat piece to get a good base support.

regards,
Pranav

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi friends,

just documented another method of clutch cable lubrication - I would like to call it "oil-well" method :)

regards,
Pranav

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Water drain hole on the right side.

Water drain hole on the swing-arm (V650 2015+):

For the right side, I've been thinking of making another drain hole closer to the axle similar to the one on the left side. However I keep holding off wondering why Kawasaki didn't do it the same as on the left side. There must/could be a valid reason for doing so.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Water drain hole on the swing-arm (V650 2015+):
My left side drain hole was plugged for a long time before I got around to it. This led to corrosion on the chain slack adjuster bolt which eventually seized up. I drilled out that hole a minuscule amount larger.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
There must/could be a valid reason for doing so.
yes, it would be interesting to know the logic behind. or was that just a miss ?!!

My left side drain hole was plugged for a long time before I got around to it. This led to corrosion on the chain slack adjuster bolt which eventually seized up. I drilled out that hole a minuscule amount larger.
oh yes, few of my colleagues faced the same issue. so now every few days, I just put my finger under the left hole to ensure its clear!
And I bet, a lot of people don't even know that such drain holes exist, or even it get clogged!! :)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts