Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking through the forum I see a few comparisons between the Versys and Minja 650 but not the Ninja 1000.

Does anyone have first hand experience with the V1k and N1k they can share? I currently own a 15 N1k but am curious to how the V1k compares. Riding position, handling, general performance.

Thanks

·
Registered
355 Posts
Crickets....
Funny, I have wondered how the Ninja handles myself.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I have ridden both but not owned either. I test rode them back to back a few years ago and find the biggest difference is the riding position, the V1K is comfortable, the N1K is a sportier riding position, bars lower and further forward, seat not as big and plush and rear sets higher and further back, more leaned over sporty riding position.
When test riding the V1K, I want to take off right away on a long road trip, when riding the N1k I wanted to return to the dealership... Its a very nice bike but -for me- it was very uncomfortable, possibly fixable with different bars, seat and lower pegs? maybe. Other than the rider position and ergonomics, I liked every other aspect of the bike and the newer 2020 updated model is even more appealing. YMMV.

·
Premium Member
16,219 Posts

1 - 4 of 4 Posts