Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2016 V1K. Bike has less than 2K miles on it. (I have 3 other bikes - gotta ride 'em all) I have always experienced the clutch grabbing (shuddering or chattering) when riding away in 1st gear, especially up a hill or grade. It gets a bit better when the engine is hot. This happens when you need to slip the clutch a bit at very low speed in order to stay upright. Solo rider. Oil is MA2 wet clutch friendly Triumph brand synthetic and is the proper viscosity and has less than 1400 miles since the initial oil change. Is this just the "Nature of the Beast?"

·
Registered
430 Posts
I will chime in on my experience with my 2015. Smooth as silk. I have just under 11k miles. Best feeling clutch pull I have had. Even my previous MC’s with hydraulic clutches. Those were all nice. But this one is just right for me.

·
Registered
2017 V1K
79 Posts
2017 V1k, the clutch is smooth from idle on. However, the slipper clutch can take some getting used to and can chatter a bit on takeoff from a dead stop. Seems I experienced this some when I first got my 2017 V1k. Best I recall a slight bit more power while easing off the clutch lever fixed the issue. I've slept since then, so my memory could be off a bit. With a slightly different technique, the clutch is very smooth as Craigar says.

·
Registered
688 Posts
yea, either you imagine, or there is some problem. i happened to have 2016 V1 too, and the clutch feels and always felt perfect. it is just a perfect bike.

·
Registered
2 Posts
FWIW, I bought my 2016 V1 when it had only 300 miles on it. I would occasionally feel a little chatter when in first gear, until I did the the first oil change. After that, smooth as silk...

·
Super Moderator
20,089 Posts
On my V650s - shifting smoothed right-out when I changed to synthetic oil (Mobil1 15w-50).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts