Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This guy is putting down some respectable lap times on his trusty little V.

From gravel and dusty roads to a full on road course the mighty V can get it done.

Enjoy mates.

·
Super Moderator
19,011 Posts
FWIW - his front master cylinder is not stock, and there was a video on here (YEARS AGO) of a Brit on a Gen 1 who passed EVERYTHING including Gixxers, then they would 'pull' him on the straights only to lose again next corner.

It was a JOY to watch!!!

:yeahsmile:

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
FWIW - his front master cylinder is not stock, and there was a video on here (YEARS AGO) of a Brit on a Gen 1 who passed EVERYTHING including Gixxers, then they would 'pull' him on the straights only to lose again next corner.

It was a JOY to watch!!!

:yeahsmile:
Makes perfect sense. I can corner better on my Versys than any other street bike I have owned.

Imagine if it had 100hp...it would be unbeatable...Lol.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are you serious! There is NO bragging rights in overtaking on the warm up lap!

the other video.
While the V may be a bit down on power it's nimble handling more than makes up for it.

I often say that my 2015 V-650 is the best handling street bike I have ever owned.

If it's green it has to be mean...Lol.

·
Super Moderator
19,011 Posts
Are you serious! There is NO bragging rights in overtaking on the warm up lap!

the other video.
https://youtu.be/6nDcOz7oOVM
Thanks - THAT is the video I was referring to!!!

(BTW - after I had my '08 for awhile, I TOO declared it to be the BEST handling bike I'd ever ridden, and STILL BELIEVE that!)

:thumb: - :yeahsmile: - :thumb:

·
Registered
342 Posts
I am taking my V to a California Super bike school this year. Not looking to break any records (or bones), just want to improve my riding and build a little confidence. This will be my first time on a track. Good to see the V is up to it.

·
Super Moderator
19,011 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yikes, it looks like that was a very green novice group or first time riders in front of him (I shouldn't say much, I still ride novice at my track days on a Street Triple).

The Versys is very easy to tip into corners with its wide and high handlebars. The only problem is how soft the front suspension is, but I haven't played with that too much. I'm not sure about clearance issues, but I heard this guy scraping something!

·
Super Moderator
19,011 Posts
Yikes, it looks like that was a very green novice group or first time riders in front of him (I shouldn't say much, I still ride novice at my track days on a Street Triple).

The Versys is very easy to tip into corners with its wide and high handlebars. The only problem is how soft the front suspension is, but I haven't played with that too much. I'm not sure about clearance issues, but I heard this guy scraping something!
Back when I still had the OEM 'pegs on my '08 I scraped the "feeler" on the left one several times. That's possibly what you heard.

·
Registered
363 Posts
The Versys is like a big super moto, turns in real easy, and great on tight stuff. You feel that extra height at higher speeds. The suspension isn't that soft. I'm about 250lbs, and I am only 5 turns out on the front and position 4 on the rear preload. For track work I'd probably go 3 turns on the front and one notch stiffer in back. I do tend to like my suspension on the firm side, but 3 turns out was too stiff for twisty roads.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts