Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd post these pics, mainly I suppose for the amusement and/or benefit of our US contingent. When my V was in for its 600 mile oil service, the dealer gave me this to hoon around on for the afternoon...!:usa: A real blast but I was glad to get the V back...!

Attachments

·
Registered
531 Posts
If I was ever going to consider or buy a cruiser style bike, that's the one I'd go for.

My loaner for my 600 mile service was a 1300 Pan European. Despite all the bad press and rumours of stability, it was a very nice bike to ride.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
A loaner while in service? I bet they are a victory dealer. Just like drug dealers, free sample to hook you up and make you spend money. I call it good marketing :)

·
Registered
434 Posts
Victory Hammer S.....sweet!

Bet it sounded great with the 2 into 1 pipe.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Cruisers are not my thing but I dig that one. The huge back tire is really cool. I would love to ride one. I bet it has massive torque.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It wasn't part of the dealer's normal service loan fleet - it's one of their demo fleet. Yeah, massive torque and a massive ability to send kids and small animals running for cover - it had loud pipes, not the standard. It also, as I discovered going into my first roundabout on it, has the ability not to go round corners very well...:eek: at least until you get used to it.....:yeahsmile:

·
Registered
521 Posts
It wasn't part of the dealer's normal service loan fleet - it's one of their demo fleet.
"Service loan fleet?" :huh:

My dealer (Chaparral in So. Cal.) wouldn't give me a loaner when my bike was in for warranty work.... :thumbdown: :badidea:

Just curious...anybody from the So. Cal. area that knows of a Kawi dealer that provides a loaner bike when yours is in for warranty or service work?

·
Registered
670 Posts
If I was ever going to consider or buy a cruiser style bike, that's the one I'd go for.
if i ever get a cruiser, i'll definitely get a Victory. but it would not be a Hammer, because:

It also, as I discovered going into my first roundabout on it, has the ability not to go round corners very well...:eek: at least until you get used to it.....:yeahsmile:
pretty much every review says the same thing: the phat rear tire compromises handling. makes sense, it's a long way from center tread to the edge. i demo'd a Vegas once, it was different but fun. had to get used to that one in the curves too, but it was a bigger adjustment to find the pegs when leaving a stop. :eek: the motor is butter. the motor is sweet.

btw, all Victory dealers offer demos. just do it. get the t-shirt. :thumb:

·
Registered
19 Posts
It wasn't part of the dealer's normal service loan fleet - it's one of their demo fleet. Yeah, massive torque and a massive ability to send kids and small animals running for cover - it had loud pipes, not the standard. It also, as I discovered going into my first roundabout on it, has the ability not to go round corners very well...:eek: at least until you get used to it.....:yeahsmile:
These three guys are on Valkyries... they have massive torque
and a massive ability to make kitties smile - they have quiet pipes...
and they go around corners real well...

-Mike "still drawn to the versys board..."

·
Registered
531 Posts
Yes, but all crusiers are compromised in the handling department somehow. I took out a Harley Fatboy for a demo ride and nearly binned it on the first proper right and then left corners I came across. I actually loved the engine, but everything else was just not for me.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yes, but all crusiers are compromised in the handling department somehow. I took out a Harley Fatboy for a demo ride and nearly binned it on the first proper right and then left corners I came across. I actually loved the engine, but everything else was just not for me.
I came here because I like Versyses... Versai?... whatever... not
to argue about cruisers :)

No Video

-Mike

·
Registered
531 Posts
I came here because I like Versyses... Versai?... whatever... not
to argue about cruisers :)

Who's arguing ? :huh:

And we all don't just keep everything confined to the Versys. I mean, how boring would that be ? :sleeping:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Who's arguing ? :huh:

well, heck, I'd be if we were to pursue this:

all crusiers are compromised in the handling department somehow

And we all don't just keep everything confined to the Versys. I mean, how boring would that be ? :sleeping:

I think y'all ride a really cool bike, and I'm interested in one. I ride a bike
that most of y'all probably think is anathema to what a Versys is all
about... and it would be obnoxious of me to come here and clutter
up the board trying to set everyone straight... Most people might
think a Valkyrie is a good choice for a trip to Texas:

... but a lot of people might not know how good a choice a Valkyrie is
for the twisties...

Valkyries s**k at motocross, though... :)
-Mike

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thought I'd post these pics, mainly I suppose for the amusement and/or benefit of our US contingent. When my V was in for its 600 mile oil service, the dealer gave me this to hoon around on for the afternoon...!:usa: A real blast but I was glad to get the V back...!
When i had my 600 mi service,i was told "the waiting room is that way".

1 - 16 of 16 Posts