Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I use engine case guards with SW motech crash bars?

I was checking out these very nice case guards on ebay and would love to use them with the sw motech crash bar.

·
Super Moderator
19,140 Posts
I'm not sure if you already have the SWs on or not. If not, clearance is about 1/2" on the left side case on my '09, and around 1 1/2 on the right.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am putting the SW stuff on, because the skidplate and crashbars work together....I think the case guards work!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looked at it closer, no go on the case guards....doh. Maybe the ones from twisted throttle willmwork..

·
Registered
123 Posts
May I ask "why" you feel the need for anything more than the crash bar and skid plate? I'm not dogging you, just trying to see if there is an exposed area I'm not realizing.

·
Super Moderator
19,140 Posts
Might be because I had posted that, in a 20 mph low-side I had (H-B guards), I got a small pavement "rash" on the lowest part of the left-side engine case, about 1/4" x 2"W, which I didn't notice for quite some time.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm a little anal Annie....I'm thinking if i drop my bike on dirt, a rock could pop a hole on my case. There were cool case guards on eBay but I doubt they will work. Then there re another set that almost look like the cases. I may have to try them..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts