Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to figure out if the used 09 I bought has stock sprockets or something else. I thought it might because it seems slow off the line but at 5000 rpms and 70 mph indicated the GPS shows I'm doing 66 mph. I've searched the threads but was a little confused. Any thoughts?

I just ordered a set of PR4's and thought about a sprocket change while putting those on.

·
Premium Member
16,113 Posts
No need to take the bike apart. Just put a mark with paint or marker on one tooth of each sprocket and spin the tire and count the teeth. You only need to remove the cover over the front sprocket.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I'm right at 5000 RPMs at 70 mph on the speedo with stock sprockets. I'm probably going a little slower due to the difference in speedo and actual speed. I think it's close to a 4-5% difference.

·
Super Moderator
1,484 Posts
The sprockets are usually stamped.
Most only change the rear sprocket if any as it is easier.
But it does sound stock.

·
Premium Member
16,113 Posts
Ok, thanksso gguys! This forum rocks! Much nicer people than the FJR forum. :thanx:

Thats the truth.... There are a few helpful guys on the FJR Forum but a lot are A-Holes. When i first went over there some of them thought they were picking on a weak guy but they soon found out wrong. This forum has lost a lot of top notch guys but its still the best forum i've found..:cheers:

·
Premium Member
16,113 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,113 Posts
Hahaha! Yeah, and you know the bad thing? This is the GOOD FJR forum! The other one (if it's still around) is horrible to people unless you are one of the "gang"

True the other one was not taking new members for awhile. (they say because of Spam issues) But if you were approved by a certain person there you were allowed in.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
True the other one was not taking new members for awhile. (they say because of Spam issues) But if you were approved by a certain person there you were allowed in.
Yep, that would be the one that me and another guy got band from for sticking up for a newbie they were treating like crap.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Joe, I looked at the link you provided. I thought there was some sort of crossed reality. It listed you as a farkle trainee.. I'm thinking what are they talking about. He's had, tried, or used about everything and given reviews on it.
I'm just lost today. :dgi:

·
Premium Member
16,113 Posts
Joe, I looked at the link you provided. I thought there was some sort of crossed reality. It listed you as a farkle trainee.. I'm thinking what are they talking about. He's had, tried, or used about everything and given reviews on it.
I'm just lost today. :dgi:

They have different terms for you by how many post you have. I had more post but my account got messed up and i had to become Weljo2014 there and start all over. I have met and ridden with a few of the guys from that forum and they have been really good guys.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts