Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2021 Versys 300 and I am trying to figure out how to add the Kawasaki relay for the USB outlet. I've seen videos but none of them look like mine (maybe they changed things in 2021?) I do have 3 connectors with nothing hooked to them on the right side front, just below the head light. What are these connectors for and is one on them intended for the relay. The connectors are visible in my picture. One is a twin bullet connector another is a black connector with four conductors and another is a white connector with two conductors.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
By any chance, do you already have the auxiliary/driving led lights. If you have those you already have the relay you need. I had the same concern but eventually found the info .. On the Kawasaki website as I recall, maybe product related. Had the lights, didn't need another relay.

Pat

·
Registered
4 Posts
Also regarding the USB additions. One of the techs at Plano Kawasaki suggested not installing the USB assembly but the 12 volt plug instead. The reasoning being that the technology of the USB plugs is almost constantly changing and you'd be locked in to soon to be old technology. In addition with the 12v port you can use 12v Accesories. Resonated with me, I went with the 12v choice.

Pat

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also regarding the USB additions. One of the techs at Plano Kawasaki suggested not installing the USB assembly but the 12 volt plug instead. The reasoning being that the technology of the USB plugs is almost constantly changing and you'd be locked in to soon to be old technology. In addition with the 12v port you can use 12v Accesories. Resonated with me, I went with the 12v choice.

Pat
Thanks Pat, I do not have the "auxiliary/driving led lights" and I don't see any relay and I have almost all my fairings off. I'm going with the USB as I found an easy way to install the outlet if technology changes.

·
Registered
2017 Versys-X 300
62 Posts
It's been a long time since I installed my relay and harness. The relay goes on the T shaped mushroom looking bracket with the 2 holes in it. The 4 conductor connector goes to the fog light switch. The twin bullet goes to the cig lighter receptacle and the white connector goes to the relay. You can download the install instructions and check it out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Dale, I saw a video of the "T shaped mushroom looking bracket with the 2 holes in it" but I do not see that on my X 300 (That's why I said maybe they changed in 2021). You also said "You can download the install instructions and check it out" can you tell me specifically where to do that, I have looked at all the video's I can find an see nothing but that "T" shaped bracket you describe. You also said "The twin bullet goes to the cig lighter receptacle and the white connector goes to the relay". So both of those connectors are used for the power outlet, either a cigarette lighter of USB? Why do they provide two?

·
Registered
2017 Versys-X 300
62 Posts
In the photo in your original post it sticks out like a sore thumb. It's just to the right of center pointing up at a 45 degree angle. For instructions just go to the Kawasaki website, select your model, select accessories, select the accessory and you will see a link titled "installation instructions". It will open as a .pdf file. You need two connectors, one is for the relay and the other is for the cig lighter. You have to have the relay or there won't be any power to the cig lighter. It keeps the battery from running down if you forget to unplug or turn off anything plugged into the socket.

·
Registered
169 Posts
The relay goes into that black rubber boot hanging down in your photo, then it slides onto that metal stake there on the left side like in my photo.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts