·
Registered
2019 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT
165 Posts
on going thread

·
Registered
577 Posts
I've been using this one for the last 5K miles or so to power my Garmin XT GPS unit with no issues, including rainy conditions:

I use one of these dummy plugs for the unused port:

·
Registered
165 Posts
I've been using this one for the last 5K miles or so to power my Garmin XT GPS unit with no issues, including rainy conditions:

I use one of these dummy plugs for the unused port:

I use something similar in my factory cigarette socket also. My socket came with the bike from the previous owner, he hadn't installed it yet.

·
Registered
2020 Gen3 650
127 Posts
See post 6 in my thread linked below:

·
Registered
2020 Gen3 650
127 Posts
That would be helpful for folks instead of the cheap Chinese products
To be frank, I used a cheap chinese ebay product, but it has been well worth it and has worked well for the long long trips I've taken with it. Kept my phone topped up while using GPS for hours at a time in the Florida heat and occasional rainstorms. Normally I say you get what you paid for, but the $120 Kawi factory option just seemed silly to me. YMMV OFC

·
Registered
526 Posts
At one point, the Kawasaki Vulcan S OEM Power Outlet was a direct fit on the Versys, and was considerably cheaper. That is what I installed on my 2009 V650. My 2018 V1K came installed with the power port, so I just grabbed this off of Amazon (similar to the hundreds of other similar USB plugs, but shows volts and charging amps...) It has one port that I use to charge my phone on my quadlok, the other can be used to power up the USB hub in my tank bag.

·
Registered
165 Posts
See post 6 in my thread linked below:

That is a unique handlebar riser, moving it up and back, with your name I'd say you need it. Not sure what you've picked up since that post but here's some of what I've added
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08NG7VD4T?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details (comes from China and takes awhile but it's nice)

Some notes: the rear fender, where you have to remove the plastic plug in the frame, mine wouldn't come out so I just ran a black screw into the plastic that was still stuck in, worked great. The front fender, I did it off the bike and put small button head nuts and bolts, the plastic retainers were crap. The phone mount is superb, vibration proof and important to me will hold my phone with an otter case on it. If you're good at fabrication I'd think you could adapt some of those Harbour Freight cases to the sides

·
Registered
165 Posts
At one point, the Kawasaki Vulcan S OEM Power Outlet was a direct fit on the Versys, and was considerably cheaper. That is what I installed on my 2009 V650. My 2018 V1K came installed with the power port, so I just grabbed this off of Amazon (similar to the hundreds of other similar USB plugs, but shows volts and charging amps...) It has one port that I use to charge my phone on my quadlok, the other can be used to power up the USB hub in my tank bag.

I may look into that, kill 2 birds with 1 stone

·
Registered
2020 Gen3 650
127 Posts
That is a unique handlebar riser, moving it up and back, with your name I'd say you need it. Not sure what you've picked up since that post but here's some of what I've added
Amazon.com: WWB Motorbike Parts For Kawasaki VERSYS 650 Versys650 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 Radiator Guard Protective Cover Grill Protector : Automotive (comes from China and takes awhile but it's nice)

Some notes: the rear fender, where you have to remove the plastic plug in the frame, mine wouldn't come out so I just ran a black screw into the plastic that was still stuck in, worked great. The front fender, I did it off the bike and put small button head nuts and bolts, the plastic retainers were crap. The phone mount is superb, vibration proof and important to me will hold my phone with an otter case on it. If you're good at fabrication I'd think you could adapt some of those Harbour Freight cases to the sides
I've got a phone mount, rear hugger, and front fender extender too. All great additions for long distance touring.

I have a HF topcase and plan to eventually add 2 of the same to the sides with some aftermarket sidecase mounts. I thought about fabricating, but I may just buy some mounts eventually. Gotta replace the front tire before I spend any more money on accessories, though
The handlebar riser was off ebay as well. Because it's meant to rise up and back or forward, it raises the bars straight up and makes the ergonomics work much better for me. It was universal fit since most metric bikes have similar mounts.

·
Premium Member
16,349 Posts

The Vulcan S Power Outlet is just $29.95...Found that out after i paid for the Versys unit.. Link to Vulcan S Outlet.. Vulcan® S DC Power Outlet | Kawasaki Motors Corp., U.S.A.

·
Registered
165 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Gen3 650
127 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts

I used the less expensive Vulcan outlet on my 2015, so it's was also a direct fit for the Gen3, other than not having to use the bracket that came with the outlet.

·
Registered
165 Posts
DOn't forget, though, that it requires the relay kit (as stated in the listing)

Kawasaki wants like $20+ for that silly relay if I remember correctly...
I got one from Amazon for $23. I'd have to make a 150 mile round trip to go to a dealer

·
Premium Member
16,349 Posts
Didn't need a relay kit for my V-1000. Comes standard...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts