Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
--RESOLVED-- Thanks!

So I'm leaving Tuesday for 3 weeks on the road and one of my fuel lines for the evap system got a hole in it and it's on back order from Kawasaki with an unknown shipment date.

I've tried two other generic fuel lines, but the inside diameter is too large and it leaks.

The OEM part number is 92192-0871. It's a pre-formed rubber line (Red) that goes from the fuel tank to the fuel separator (which is connected to the charcoal canister) on the California model. I think it's a return tube.

I need some suggestions for either a replacement tube (OEM or not, but something with the same inside diameter, 0.20"), or a work around, that does not involve removing the evap system. It's not something I want to do less than a week before I leave and the bike is still under warranty, and I want to keep it that way.

HELP!!!

:thanx:

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Problem solved. I hope.

Thanks for the thoughts guys...

@djg: I called about a dozen dealers and parts houses...same story...not in stock, on back order...

@Apollo: I called the listing parts house, they don't actually have the part in stock, they said they need to remove the listing, but I see they haven't yet.

What I did find is a repair shop in SF (they were the 4th I tried) that had stock fuel line with the correct inside diameter. I just put it on, haven't taken her out yet to make sure the problem is solved, but it oughtta do for now...

I would still like to get my hands on an OEM replacement at some time.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks MJ!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts