Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm probably doing something wrong, but I can't seem to upload any photos. I remember seeing a thread sometime ago about how to upload photos properly. I did a search and couldn't find it (plus I think the search engine isn't working tonight-it usually works for me fine). I modified my seat and was going to post a reply with thumbnails....

Any thoughts?

Thanks

·
Registered
530 Posts
Bear on a Bicycle has posted a thread on this can't seem to find it either.

Basically, get yourself a photo storage account at Flickr or PhotoBucket or some other reputable place. Follow their instructions for uploading your photographs.

Then find the link to the photo, again the photo site will show you the link - there maybe several versison of the link, grab the http:// version without any html markup.

Then back here at the forum, create a new message and you click on the yellow square icon with a picture of a grey mountain and a grey sun. A message box will ask you for that link. Paste it into that box. Then click Ok.

Your photo will then appear in your message.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'm probably doing something wrong, but I can't seem to upload any photos. I remember seeing a thread sometime ago about how to upload photos properly. I did a search and couldn't find it (plus I think the search engine isn't working tonight-it usually works for me fine). I modified my seat and was going to post a reply with thumbnails....

Any thoughts?

Thanks

hmm... can you email the photos you are trying to upload? email to support <at> kawasakiversys.com

Anyone else out their that is experiencing problems uploading photos to the gallery or to the registry ?

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
here's how to get pictures to work in this and most forums.

First, the picture needs to be on a web site like photobucket.com or Smugmug.com. If you try to
copy it from your hard drive, it won't work. Photobucket is free & fairly easy to use. When you
upload pictures, please resize them to 640x480 so they fit properly on a web forum.

Like this:

Second, the easiest way is to copy the "IMG Code" box, then right click "paste" the link into your reply box.

Like this:

Then "right click" the blue high lighted text & select 'copy'.

Then this:

That's all there is to it!

Of course, it's always a good idea to hit the "Preview Message" button & review your post before you hit the
"Submit" button. That gives you a chance to edit your post before you put it up for all to see & critique...

:thumb::thumb:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Okay, I just signed on to "photobucket.com", uploaded some photos and I'm going to try to attach a photo, so here goes nothing. If it works, this is my bike with the cool matching Givi V35 bags and SW-Motech racks.

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Looks good, but to be forum friendly, when you upload the photos to the web, please set them to 640x480. Any bigger & they do like yours, they push the screen too big to be seen by some of us...

:thumb::thumb:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Your earlier thread said to upload to "photobucket.com" and the photos would be automatically resized for the forum format. If it's not working then please explain how I can resize the photos.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I think I've got this thing figured out so I'm going to try the same photo in the smaller size. I found the EDIT tab on "photobucket.com" so this is a test.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Here is a quick tip if you are using fire fox. Just right click on the photo you want to add to your post. Select the "Copy Image Location" option and presto you have the web address for that pic.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Well for resizing I use flickr to upload my photos to. Once it is uploaded you can view the picture is several sizes. Just pick the size that you want grab the address and insert image. Here is a link to one of my pics on flickr. Note the "All Sizes" button on top of the image. Click that and you get this page. From there you can pick a size that should suite your needs.

Sorry but I've never messed around with any other photo uploading site.

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Well for resizing I use flickr to upload my photos to. Once it is uploaded you can view the picture is several sizes.
Just pick the size that you want grab the address and insert image. Here is a link to one of my pics on flickr. Note
the "All Sizes" button on top of the image. Click that and you get this page. From there you can pick a size that
should suite your needs.

Sorry but I've never messed around with any other photo uploading site.
That's pretty cool! Easy to use as well. I haven't messed with any other than photo bucket.
PB has a photo editor with a whole bunch of ways to mess up a good picture...

:D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts