Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting ready to do my first track day (9/26/10) on a stock '08 V. Other than replacing tires with BT003RSs are there any other mods that need to be done for a first timer? Any advice is appreciated. :feedback:

·
Registered
228 Posts
Sportbike track time has you tape up your lenses (brake,signal, headlight, etc.), and then tape up your wheel weights. Depending on whether they have you catagorized by novice, intermediate & advanced, you may also have to remove the kick stand. As for tires, I've always adjusted as the day went along. Middle of the day you'll dump a lot of air because of the heat off the track. Other than that, stay focused. Look all the way through the turns. Ride within your limits. And have boat loads of fun... man... wish I was going... =)

·
Registered
228 Posts
They may also have you remove your mirrors. You won't need them anyway. Lol. Have fun! Drag a knee!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
KnoxvegasMike: thanks. I'm not sure I'll be draggin' any knees the first time out but willing to give it a go. I assume that an additional 5 gallons of fuel in addition to a full tank at the beginning will be enough. The track is 2.9 miles, 4 sessions/20 minutes each session.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I usually fill up the tank and take a 5 gallon container. I wouldn't run race fuel (too pricey and there's no telling what it's doing to your engine). I'd stick with what you run normally.

As for knee dragging I said the same thing... later that day I was scuffing knee pucks and grinning from ear to ear. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts