Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Darn well nuts. Pushed them through and 1 decided to not fall and one nut came out because I pushed too hard. 2 won't hold the windshield steady so into the top case the windshield goes.

Oh well was planning on testing this in a more controlled manner. Reason I was trying to get the well nuts out was because I wanted to try the Powerbronze Touring Shield in a different position to try and clean up the air buffet around my eye level.

Should have waited till my well nuts on order got to the house but thought to myself... "Oh nice day at lunch I'll adjust the windshield while I eat my chili this should be easy as pie"

Whoops. Live and learn. Tried shaking the nut loose but that didn't work I'm sure it will drop when I hit the highway. Who knows it may be a blessing in disguise and I may enjoy the ride even more so than I did with the little stock windshield.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very pushy past 65 mph and headwind.

Anywho stopped at the little Yamaha shop on the way home (I love those guys). 19$ for a 5 pack of 5mm well nuts (they sold them to me for 13) as opposed to the 8$ per quoted at the "kawi" shop. Also an excuse to look at 2 XT250's they had marked down to 4500. For a small shop they are really friendly and everytime I have needed a small part like nuts, screws, cabling they have been extremely helpful and polite and if they didn't have it they pointed me in the right direction to find it.

Grabbed a pack and filled most of the holes. Now to play with the windshield position a bit more.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Very pushy past 65 mph and headwind.

Anywho stopped at the little Yamaha shop on the way home (I love those guys). 19$ for a 5 pack of 5mm well nuts (they sold them to me for 13) as opposed to the 8$ per quoted at the "kawi" shop. Also an excuse to look at 2 XT250's they had marked down to 4500. For a small shop they are really friendly and everytime I have needed a small part like nuts, screws, cabling they have been extremely helpful and polite and if they didn't have it they pointed me in the right direction to find it.

Grabbed a pack and filled most of the holes. Now to play with the windshield position a bit more.
Please advise how steep and the high position work for you. Also, did you give us your height and weight/size? :thanx:

·
Registered
601 Posts
On a related note, you can also get well nuts at some motorcycle shops. I picked up a pack of 8 I think for maybe $5 or so...don't remember, but they were cheaper than from Kawi.

Edit: I see you already found some at your local shop...

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Right now I am using the highest holes and I am 5' 8" going to readjust it a tad more so the top is more angled down. No windshield was sweet sweet clean air with my visor up. However I was taking so much push from it it wasn't very comfortable on the highway. Town toodling was fine.

With gear I'm about 215

1 - 6 of 6 Posts