Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, just want to share a surprising discovery I made this week-end. I was heading for nowhere in particular, just looking for offroad exploration up north from Lachute near Montreal and was quite amaze to discover a buddhist temple which seemed to be build in the middle of nature.

Here one of the nice pic I 've taken from there:

Some more pics from this and explored trails here
http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/album.php?albumid=362

Seeya!

·
Registered
739 Posts
That is awesome!
Don't you just love discoveries like that? They seem to happen more often (or at least are enjoyed more) when riding a motorcycle.

Nowhere in particular is a great destination BTW, popular too I believe.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is awesome!
Don't you just love discoveries like that? They seem to happen more often (or at least are enjoyed more) when riding a motorcycle.

Nowhere in particular is a great destination BTW, popular too I believe.
That's the best way to discover I think. No travel agency, no time wasted at the airport, just you, your motorcycle and with some chances nice places that you would have never expected to see nearby.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Had my moment of Zen last year. Rounded a curve and there it was. OMG, I've been looking for this place my whole life. Pete Seeger starts singing in my head, the sound track from O Brother Where Art Thou leaps into my brain. I start looking for the the cigarette trees and the lemonade springs.
"Hey buddy, is this heaven." "What, this is Marysvale, Utah"
"Oh yeah, I lost it for a second."

Attachments

·
Registered
105 Posts
Wandering aimlessly is one of my favorite games. There is no rhyme or reason just whimsical direction changes and the enjoyment of acceleration and scenery. I love rural intersections. The part of my brain driving the bike has a quick conversation with the part enjoying the view. "Stop sign. Ah! decision time. Do we make a left, a right, or go straight? I'm feeling left this time but what's this? The right has a hill that looks like fun. Let's give that a try." And off I go till I find something interesting to stop at or I get tired and turn my attention to figuring out where I am and how to get home.

A well spent day. I need to get a better camera.

·
Premium Member
7,774 Posts
Hi folks, just want to share a surprising discovery I made this week-end. I was heading for nowhere in particular, just looking for offroad exploration up north from Lachute near Montreal and was quite amaze to discover a buddhist temple which seemed to be build in the middle of nature.

Here one of the nice pic I 've taken from there:

Some more pics from this and explored trails here
http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/album.php?albumid=362

Seeya!
So lord Buddha found you.congrats and God be with you.

:cheers:

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wandering aimlessly is one of my favorite games. There is no rhyme or reason just whimsical direction changes and the enjoyment of acceleration and scenery. I love rural intersections. The part of my brain driving the bike has a quick conversation with the part enjoying the view. "Stop sign. Ah! decision time. Do we make a left, a right, or go straight? I'm feeling left this time but what's this? The right has a hill that looks like fun. Let's give that a try." And off I go till I find something interesting to stop at or I get tired and turn my attention to figuring out where I am and how to get home.

A well spent day. I need to get a better camera.
Exactly how I felt during this ride, free to go anywhere at every corner.

I was thinking while riding that many people would enjoy riding this trail or seeing this thing. I would have need an helmet camera I think and record everything to really be able to transmit all the great things I have been through during this ride. It was a real blast!!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Had my moment of Zen last year. Rounded a curve and there it was. OMG, I've been looking for this place my whole life. Pete Seeger starts singing in my head, the sound track from O Brother Where Art Thou leaps into my brain. I start looking for the the cigarette trees and the lemonade springs.
"Hey buddy, is this heaven." "What, this is Marysvale, Utah"
"Oh yeah, I lost it for a second."
:thumb::thumb:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts