Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear all

I need to know the part number for an odd piece that appears to attach externally to the generator cover (part # 14031-0096). It appears bolted onto it and contains the front bolt hole that holds the black plastic engine guard on the (left) underside. I managed to shear it presumably by attaching a bash plate with too much torque. I’ve checked thru kawasakipartshouse.com and can’t see what it is. I’d rather replace it than weld the pieces back together. Can anyone tell from the pics what it is?

bike.png

Thanks

Clive

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Looks like part 11054 on the muffler diagram (all versions).

·
Super Moderator
20,444 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I suggest you just have it welded by a GOOD welder.

(y)(y)
Hi, are you recommending that over buying the new part? I live in Thailand and let's say there's a variable attitude towards quality - not sure I'd trust any welder I found. I'd feel more comfortable buying new. Is it because installing it involves slightly opening the engine (3 bolts) - therefore, it's a bit tricky? Thanks for you help C

·
Administrator
8,255 Posts
One other way is to drill a hole in the remaining part, extend a small 1/2 plate and the screw the plastic on to it . this is alternativre to welding. Of course a new one is much easier.

·
Super Moderator
20,444 Posts

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
After installing the skid plate, I just took all the lower plastics off. it looks much cleaner now.
I don't have a skid plate but I removed the lower fairings years ago. They serve no purpose and, to my eyes, look like crap added on a bike for the bling factor. Yes, a much cleaner look without them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts