Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I'm going to be changing my filter on the Versys for my 24K mile service. I have some (a lot) of UNI spray oil left over from my old bike with a foam filter. I'm wondering if I can use it on the BMC filter. To my understanding it must be treated before installing? The UNI oil is an aerosol spray type with a tacky quality.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
9,107 Posts
what year is your bike

Hi All,

I'm going to be changing my filter on the Versys for my 24K mile service. I have some (a lot) of UNI spray oil left over from my old bike with a foam filter. I'm wondering if I can use it on the BMC filter. To my understanding it must be treated before installing? The UNI oil is an aerosol spray type with a tacky quality.

Thanks
Are you talking a 2015 bike?? Air Filter on 2015 has changed to throw away style.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Good question. Just to be sure, you ARE talking about air filter and not oil filter, right? Sounds silly I know, but I know the others will chime in as I am one of those that has the shop do all the work beyond my oil changes.

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@onewizard @cjcintucson I should have clarified -- 2009 Bike, Air Filter change.
@weljo2001 I see.. I wonder if they're the same quality. The UNI spray is a light spray oil, kinda has the consistency of 5w and also very tacky to catch dirt. Is the KN spray anything like that?

·
Super Moderator
19,141 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts