Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
RIP Marco Simoncelli, tragically killed today in the Malaysian MotoGP race. Thoughts and prayers to his family.
Another horrific loss to the motorsport fraternity……!

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
RIP Marco!

·
Registered
267 Posts
When I saw his helmet rolling out...
TV didn't show rescue images... OMG what unfortunately incident!!
Marco, you will be always in ours hearts.

·
Registered
575 Posts
He was the only reason my wife watched MotoGP with me. I'll have to watch it alone now. Rip Marco and prayers to your family. We hope you didn't suffer.

·
Registered
320 Posts
When I saw his helmet rolling out...
TV didn't show rescue images... OMG what unfortunately incident!!
Marco, you will be always in ours hearts.
SO very very sad. I just said NO NO NO when I saw the wreck. I thought he had been decapitated. I grabbed the computer and googled "Marco" and immediately saw "Marco Simoncelli Dead."
Rest in Peace Super SIC, you will be missed. :(

Attachments

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
RIP, I saw the wreck 'live' as I'd dvr'd it and was watching in bed early Sunday morning. The wreck was so surprising and severe I flinched and nearly woke my GF. When the race never restarted and they never gave any info I knew it wasn't good. :(

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
Rest in Peace, Simon.

I think this is the 1st fatality we had on the Sepang track.
Spoke to a friend here who track race his R1 weekly at Sepang.
He says that turn isn't sharp but looking at the video, Simon was truly trying the save the bike from dropping.
Unfortunately Edwards and Rossi had no space to go to avoid him.

When he saw the helmet came off, my buddy here thought Simon's head had been severed off. He said this after watching his racing friend's head still in the helmet when his buddy died crashing head on with a truck. :sorry:

Anyway, after watching this crash at Sepang, my friend's wife had began to discourage his racing. He says he be probably sell his R1 and switch to 4WD trekking. He's still puzzled how Simon's helmet came off because these helmet have double locks. We have to wait for the official Motogp inquiry findings.

Ride safe :)

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
I doubt that Edwards and Rossi even saw him coming. If you watch the video, you can see that they are both looking to the right and down the track. It does look like he was able to get the front end to bite and it dragged him back across the track.

I was at a track day at Road Atlanta a few weeks ago and a rider was killed Sunday morning in the first session. He was an advanced rider and very experienced. You friend can't spend his life being afraid of what could happen. He could easily be seriously injured on a four wheeler. We all just need to be smart and as safe as we can when we participate in dangerous sports. If he is no longer comfortable on the track then he should quit.

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
Hi Steve,

I gather my R1 friend loves what he is doing. He just feels he's lost the backing and support of his family. What he says even his 2 small kids are discouraging him.

It's a decision he has to weight alone.

Steve, I like what stated at the bottom of your page
"I bought a motorcycle because my wife said that I couldn't! Now I have two and she still says I can't have another one! Sounds like a challenge to me!" Cheers!

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Your friend does have to weigh in the feelings of his family, especially if he has young children. My kids are grown, so those issues are very different for me.

My wife doesn't like motorcycles...but I am not that fond of her four cats!

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Sounds like Steve your wife should have on her web sites

I bought a cat because my husband said that I couldn't! Now I have four and he still says I can't have another one! Sounds like a challenge to me!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts