Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello,

just wanted to know what mind of underwear you wear under your jacket (leather and textile) during your long distance trips in summer (august and september)..AND for reasonable price! :).
in my short trips I wear my normal cotton stuffs but I don't know how practicable is this for long trips to wash and get it dried quickly...

thabks!! :)

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
688 Posts
Best underwear on the planet. Buy two of each. They wash in the sink or you can take a shower with them on and they dry in minutes. Are treated with anti-microbial chemicals so they don't build up a stink.

I did two weeks in rural Mexico in the middle of July with just two pair of this underwear. Two years later they still look new.

Top:

http://www.amazon.com/ExOfficio-Give-N-Go-V-Neck-Black-X-Large/dp/B0043EVX7S/ref=sr_1_6?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1367261998&sr=1-6&keywords=exofficio

Bottom:

http://www.amazon.com/ExOfficio-Give-N-Go-Sport-Brief-XX-Large/dp/B000VYQ6DU/ref=sr_1_7?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1367261998&sr=1-7&keywords=exofficio

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I use Champion tops and bottoms from Target.
100% polyester... Good wicking properties... Quick drying... Reasonably priced...

Here is an example

·
Registered
596 Posts
I like the Under Armour heat gear. The compression style for under leathers. Makes getting in and out of them a breeze. Long sleeves and pants, even on the 90 F days.

Microfiber is better than cotton for underwear, wicks, dries quickly.

·
Registered
379 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
I've got several Dri-Fit T shirts (Made by Nike and Reebok) that work great as long as there is at least a little airflow and they aren't in direct sunlight. If either of these conditions are absent, all bets are off, haha. Both conditions met, it feels like air conditioning. I usually pay like $10-14 for these at Ross Dress for Less.

·
Super Moderator
19,119 Posts
I just wear regular underwear shorts and tees on my 'adventures', and jeans or shorts over them, under my riding gear. On long rides I plan to do laundry once a week, so I carry four sets, and change each second day. EVERYTHING to be washed gets done at the SAME time...! (A month in '09, "who-knows-how-long" this summer...!)

:yeahsmile:

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Bike shorts work great. Get triathlete ones with a small butt pad rather than full on cycling shorts that have too thick a pad. Agree with a long sleeve runner's shirt under a mesh jacket. I recently bought a Joe Rocket Radar mesh/leather jacket. Nice!

·
Registered
538 Posts
I use underwear that I bought at a running room store...not sure the brand but it wicks moisture and you could wash it in a sink if you're traveling and It'll hang dry in no time.

·
Registered
182 Posts
In post #4 above, twowheels starts off, "Depends . . ." I'm thinking, "You wear Depends on your rides and just let loose when necessary?! Now that's some serious riding!"

1 - 14 of 14 Posts